Will pay for help with SPSS!!Urgent!

B

Hi
Im trying to use SPSS to analyse some survey data (need some basic multiple regression doing) and I desperately need to hire someone to help. Will pay a good rate and if you know about SPSS or basic stats it should be really easy - im just rubbish at it! If you can help or know anyone who can, please get in touch asap.
Thanks!
BB

K

hi, well am not a guru in SPSS,but i believe i have bit of knowledge on the same. I intend to learn alot from other people,and so i would be willing to put my wits to try and help you.....am not really interested on the pay. kabethte at gmail dot com. thats my mail

B

i think am quantitative, spss and strructural equation modeling using AMOS guru. about the pay i think its not the motivation but just an appreciation.

I teach SPSS. But I really think you need to learn how to use it. Otherwise, even if you think you'll never use it again, you'll end up coming up with problems e.g. in your work, because you don't know how to use it.

I recommend Andy Field's book - you can't really go wrong with it if you read it through carefully and follow the steps.

P

Quote From sneaks:

I teach SPSS. But I really think you need to learn how to use it. Otherwise, even if you think you'll never use it again, you'll end up coming up with problems e.g. in your work, because you don't know how to use it.

I recommend Andy Field's book - you can't really go wrong with it if you read it through carefully and follow the steps.

Same here.

If you have stats in your work, and eventually thesis, you need to be able to do it yourself. As Sneaks says you might run into problems later if you don't know how to do it again, don't understand how you did it or even what it means/what to look for. You'll only end up getting caught out by a stray question. Or you'll end up getting stuck again later in your career and either have to admit you don't know how to do that stats or get help all over again.

If the stats you need to do haven't been covered in your research training then you need to either teach yourself or get your supervisor to take you through it so you can learn. If someone does it for you then you'll suffer in the long run, no matter how well meaning he help is.

C

I teach stats too, but had to learn the hard way. A really REALLY easy book to help run analysis and understand output is this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/SPSS-Survival-Manual-Analysis-Windows/dp/0335223664. If you're willing to pay for help, you could try contacting Dr Chris Stride (a statistician and my colleague) who runs regression courses and may offer help on a one-to-one basis: http://www.offbeat.group.shef.ac.uk/FIO/index.htm

======= Date Modified 10 Jul 2010 20:09:46 =======
I've also noticed quite a lot of guides on youtube - which could be useful in conjunction with an SPSS guide like Andy Field's.

Even if someone does the actual button clicking for you in SPSS, you will have to understand the output, so you know exactly what you found, and the only real way you can understand the output is getting to grips with SPSS. Its one of the reasons you are asked to do a research project - to get used to various quantitative/qualitative techniques, so this is part of your training.

J

I.m doing my PhD at UWE in Bristol and they run short course on SPSS there - open to all, however the next set of courses wont be until Sept, if thats anygood for you.

if youa re doing a PhD, then you should be allowed some SPSS training, whether that be using the PhD training budget that your department should have, or by sneaking in on some masters research training.

I didn't realise that this was in 'phd life' - if this is for your PhD, you defintiely need to get to grips with it yourself, as come your viva you could get into hot water if you can't explain your stats properly