My 2nd PhD interview

D

I have my 2nd PhD interview tomorrow. But I feel that I am losing confidence in myself after I have got rejected by the first university. No matter how well I have prepared, I don't know what the interviewers will ask me and whether I can give them the answers they want. Is my performance in the interview considered as the major factor for successful admission to a PhD program?

G

ı think the answer is mostly ''No''. the interview is only based on your study (what did you do so far, skills etc..) and your aim of the future phd. I think the most ımportant thıng ıs your study.. you had interview experience so dont be very excited.. believe in yourself

T

Short answer is yes, in my opinion. You need to demonstrate things such as ability to communicate, subject knowledge, interpersonal skills, enthusiasm... These things can't always be determined from CVs/cover letters - that's why there is an interview. The basic requirement is your qualifications, decent proposal etc - everyone who gets to the interview stage will have this. You have show why they should employ you over the other candidates.

Think how you could have improved your performance from the last interview, and use this as an opportunity to develop further. If you get this PhD, great, if not, consider it more experience and use it towards your next interview.

Read up online about interview technique, think of questions you may be asked and practice answering them. Show you want this position and make them like you and it's yours. Good luck :)