PhD application | Need help!

N

Hi

I would like to apply for a PhD, I got a high undergrad GPA but a low one in my one year master. I have a doctor who will supervise my PhD research from the same school I'm applying and I have full funded scholarship.

Should I be worried about my acceptance? Should I only upload my undergrad transcript (the minimum entry requirement) even though I mentioned in the application that I have a master?

Please let me know what you think

I don't think you will have much of a problem if you have already secured a scholarship and a supervisor. Check on your offer if they have a minimum GPA, if not just submit both scores. They must see potential if they have offered you a PhD in the first place.

N

Quote From rewt:
I don't think you will have much of a problem if you have already secured a scholarship and a supervisor. Check on your offer if they have a minimum GPA, if not just submit both scores. They must see potential if they have offered you a PhD in the first place.

Thank you rewt!

yeah they didn't specify a minimum GPA for masters. So, I guess that mean I don't have to explain why I got this GPA in my personal statement, right?

E

Yes I think the better is to just submit both transcripts and prepare an answer if asked during the interview about it.