Charities and Trusts, etc

J

I've sent out loads of letters to various charities and trusts asking for financial assistance. I've had a few replies, mostly no's it has to be said, but a couple were hopeful so fingers crossed.
My dilemma is, for those that I haven't had a reply from, do I leave it or is it a good idea to follow up with a phonecall? And if so, what do I say that doesn't make me sound desperate (even though I am...)??
Thanks!

V

Ju, do those charities and trusts have deadlines? If so, you can phone up two weeks after the deadline. If not, no harm in phoning up saying " I don't mean to chase, but could you pls let me know whether my application has been received?"

J

JU,

Where did you get the names for these charities and trusts, can you please send them to me or point me in the right direction. I want to do a PhD in a social science/political science context.

Thanks

J

I used the Charity Commission website: www.charity-commission.gov.uk
I did several searches to find charities that I thought might be sympathetic to my subject and/or continuing education. I don't want to put you off, but I've yet to get a positive response and have had to look elsewhere for my fees.