Exeter OR Loughborough? Banking

A

Hello Everyone,

I am an international student with an undergraduate degree in Financial Analysis and I intend to attend a master course in UK.After graduate I want to work in a bank. I have received two offers,EXETER(MSC-Money and Banking) & LOUGHBOROUGH(MSC-Banking and Finance).

According to the Times Rankings 2010,it seems that EXETER(9) is better than LOUGHBOROUGH(17)?What about the reputations between these two universities in UK?As for me,it is really hard to choose. Could you give me some advice?

Any help would be appreciated.

E

I would say Exeter has the better reputation overall, and might give you more of an edge with applying to a bank (I know they tend to focus their recruitment effort on the top few UK universities, which is not to say it's impossible to get in if you go to one of the others, but you might have to make a bit more effort :))

I guess you should also consider what suits you best, i.e. which town would you prefer to live in, which course has the more interesting/relevant content for you.

D

To be honest neither stand out in that field so they are probably pretty comparable. Times Rankings are just one set of rankings out of many so don't let that be your criteria to decide.

Exeter is nice but miles from anywhere and not much to do. Loughborough is a quiet place but lots going on and really easy to get to Nottingham, Leicester, Birmingham, London. Plus I used to live there so if it's good enough for DanB, it's good enough for anyone 8-)

A

======= Date Modified 24 Mar 2010 04:39:10 =======
======= Date Modified 24 Mar 2010 04:38:32 =======
Thanks Ephiny&DanB:-)