A shameless star-collecitng thread

I've been stuck on two stars for ages and I'm really bored of it! I'd really like to get my third star! Getting one star was easy, and two wasn't very much harder, but that number three seems to be taking forever... I try to be helpful to people, so I hope people think I'm a helpful user.

If you're feeling the same as me, then tell me so on this thread, and I'll click the 'helpful user' button to help you on your way! And if I do that, can you do the same for me on your thread? Pretty please? 8-)

S

I am so with you, Batfink,,,let's see if people are kind enough to 'help' us achieve our dream :). My ultimate aim is to achieve five stars, but for now, I will be satisfied with even three...

Yes, if after three years I can come away with five stars my time here will not have been entirely wasted, even if I have the viva from hell and get sent to do endless resubmissions in a cave somewhere out of sight of more worthy PhDers!

The first 'helpful' vote of my bounty goes to starlight!

H

I'll play. :)

I'm not 100% sure how/when I got my second star, but I think I've contributed enough for it to be warranted.

That was a very useful contribution, Hazyjane, duly rewarded! :-)

E

I'm also joining the club of those-with-two-stars-wanting-more!!!!!!!!!!

E

Quote From Batfink27:

I've been stuck on two stars for ages and I'm really bored of it! I'd really like to get my third star! Getting one star was easy, and two wasn't very much harder, but that number three seems to be taking forever... I try to be helpful to people, so I hope people think I'm a helpful user.

If you're feeling the same as me, then tell me so on this thread, and I'll click the 'helpful user' button to help you on your way! And if I do that, can you do the same for me on your thread? Pretty please? 8-)

I think I just gave you your third star!(up)

Wow, someone certainly did! Thank you! Woo, that's great, I'm a three starrer! :p

But I won't forget you all now, I'll keep clicking people who come on here! (Just might not be for a while, I have to leave uni and catch a train home in a little bit...)

S

Oooh, I am certainly honored Batfink:-). Wow, congrats on the three stars!!! It wasn't all that difficult now, was it? All you had to do was start a thread asking for it :p

N

can I have my second please? ;)

A

I'll contribute too as am feeling totally dopey lately and am in desperate need of something to counter this dopedity (sic). Quick, somebody ask me to find an article; I'm good at that if nothing else. My supv read one, just one, only one chapter of a colleague's thesis and said "wow, great, above the bar, first class" [you get the drift] whereas I am still waiting for him to tell me anything I write is okay. He did tell me I was efficient though :$

Wallowing in self-despair does not a PhD make:-(

D

He did tell me I was efficient though(

Ady,

I am sure that efficiency is important in a researcher... much better that than the other way round.

Can anyone tell me where the helpful user button is hidden please?

A

======= Date Modified 04 May 2011 18:55:00 =======
======= Date Modified 04 May 2011 18:48:32 =======
helpful user button only available when you create a thread, plus you can only vote for a user once!

btw, thank you Dafydd :-)

S

======= Date Modified 04 May 2011 18:57:24 =======

Quote From Dafydd:

[quote]
Can anyone tell me where the helpful user button is hidden please?

That is exactly what I was wondering as well...

======= Date Modified 04 May 2011 19:00:19 =======
Okay, that's votes for everyone on the thread so far - and congratulations Dafydd on your first star!

This is far more fun than PhD work. And if only I could vote twice to celebrate things like people being efficient!!

And yes - the 'helpful user' button only appears on threads you start yourself - but of course that means everyone on this thread can give out helpful user votes by starting their own threads....