A shameless star-collecitng thread

A

:-x thank you for the vote [and star], Batfink, I presume - wot a great thread you created 8-)

S

======= Date Modified 04 May 2011 19:01:45 =======

======= Date Modified 04 May 2011 18:55:00 =======
======= Date Modified 04 May 2011 18:48:32 =======

Sorry, irrelevant.

You have to create a thread to vote for other people, but other people have to vote for you on their own threads for you to collect stars. Hope that makes sense!

And Ady - have you gone up a star class then? That's great! This thread is like magic...

A

======= Date Modified 04 May 2011 19:05:38 =======
No no - you only the get the opportunity to collect stars when somebody votes YOU as a helpful user on THEIR thread. So on this thread only Batfink can see, and click 'helpful user' to your reply - which she did :-). However, this means she can never vote for you again :-(

@Batfink, I have magically risen to 4 - if only I could show this to my supv tomorrow; it might encourage him to okay the three thesis chapters he has had for four weeks but not returned nor commented on and spur him on to read the next three which he is getting next week. I'll give him efficient ;-)

D

Hey Batfink, I can totally agree with you on starting this thread as I have been stuck on two stars for ages too. I guess I am just not that helpful :$ Anyway, congrats on your three star status (up)

Hey Dunni, you're definitely a helpful user so there's one more vote towards the next star... Bet you're not far away now!

B

Are you already bored? I joined in 2006 and still with two stars.

I clearly need the kind of stimulus that would keep a small child happy. Anyway, you just got a vote so maybe you'll nudge towards that next star soon! :-)

S

Thanks Batfink and Ady for the explanation...I kind of got confused for a moment and then it made sense to me and hence the deleted post :$

Ady, are you absolutely sure that your supervisor is not a member of this forum trying to collect more stars for himself?! If you're positive he's not, then fine, otherwise you'll probably end up with a green-eyed monster who will probably refuse to look at your chapters out of spite due to your three-star status ;-)

K

Haha, great thread! Me too for a star please, I'm DYING to see how far away I am from my 5th star, I've been on 4 for about a year lol! Good thinking Batfink (up) Best, KB

N

Yay, thanks Batfink!

Yay keenbean, did I just nudge you into the fifth star? Cool! Congratulations!

S

Wow, Kb, Congrats! 8-)

K

Hey Batfink you did!! So pleased, been waiting forever for that one :) I'm so happy I'm going to have to think up a new thread so I can give some stars out and share the love!!! Thankyou :-) KB

A

======= Date Modified 05 May 2011 09:35:15 =======
The club of 3 five starers becomes the club of 4! Congrats KB, well deserved :-)