A shameless star-collecitng thread

S

Hi Guys
please try not to 'misuse' the forum and the star system, you should really trust that if people do find you usful/helpful they will click, but you are only cheating yourselves!!!!

PGFT

Oh dear. We've let the mods down, we've let the boards down, but most of all, we've let ourselves down! :p

C

I thought I posted on this thread last night, but evidently not! Must have been my computer preventing me from letting the forum down, the mods down and myself down :p

I have been on two stars for a while though! My comment was similar to Dunni's - must not be a helpful user :p

A

From what I can see quite a lot of people register, post a single specific query and disappear off into the ether. They are quite entitled to of course, but a one off question most likely means that person doesn't feel any allegiance to the forum and its users.

I think Ady's right, and probably most of them don't even notice the 'helpful user' button or realise what it does - and fair enough, why should they?!

K

Oooops lol! It did cross my mind that this was a slightly unethical way to collect stars, but I remember a very similar thread quite a while ago where people were doing exactly the same (and I was dying to get that 5th star!). We should be ashamed of ourselves lol! But I agree, many users who just pop on to ask one question don't even know about the star system, so don't use it. Which means that our stars tend to come from the much smaller group of people who regularly post here and really are a part of the PGF community. And given that you can only vote for someone once, I think in the end you do run out of people to vote for you, even if you do keep being helpful! KB

Heh, that was my thinking. And I wouldn't have started the thread if I hadn't got some vague memory of there being a similar thing once before!

K

Yeah there was- I checked it out and Wal started one a couple of years ago (oh my god, where have those two years gone?!!). I bet all the 5* ers have got one star by dodgy means lol! KB