How did you meet your partner?

S

After posting on Maria's thread on how I met my fiancee, I would be interested to know how you guys met your partner. Any big coinsidence/romance to share with us?

F

My boyfriend has been my best friend for the last two years, and we caught up within my first weekend moving south, and decided that we wanted to be more than mates following that meeting!

H

My aunt living in the midlands is mates with my fiance's cousin and they got together and decided to set us up. We chatted for a few weeks before meeting up. Decided to get married 3 months later.....

C

Internet

(and no, it's not DanB.... although he is awesome )

A

School!!

F

I will be in Sainsburys tomorrow around lunchtime for my weekly shop, look out for the obvious geek!

K

I pretended I had hurt my leg so I could speak to him, then told him my name was Lisa (which it isn't) and gatecrashed a party and tried to get everyone to teach me to play rugby - I was young, drunk and stupid!

S

I married my undergraduate lecturer

D

I am yet to find this one out!

S

Oh DJ it will happen soon!

You'll be walking along the street and Orlando Bloom will pass by and that's how it will all start!

D

Ooh, i do hope so!

M

Just out of interest SixKitten, is you husband many years older than you?

P

I met my partner at the residential college we lived at in my first year of uni (1995). He was a 3rd year. He was a bit more grown up than the other guys there and he had (and still has!) a great butt in jeans.

M

This is a question to girls only: How important are the looks of your partner? Did you say wowowow when you first saw him or...? People say we women care less about looks! Is that a myth?

P

MariaZ - that question makes you sound like a man..hmmmm?

To me, it is not about "good-looking" as in the text book definition. It is more about whether he gives you what I call 'the warm fuzzies' - that feeling you get when he walks into the room or you see him. If he doesn't make you feel warm and fuzzy inside, then it is not right.

You have to be physically attracted to him, otherwise you will never be able to have a relationship with him. But, someone who is not text-book attractive can still be attractive to you and give you the warm fuzzies.