Let's have a forum meet: Episode II

A

Who does actually live near by?

T

======= Date Modified 25 Sep 2008 16:46:33 =======
I don't live nearby now.. but am from about an hour northwest of Sheffield originally 8-)

A

Hillsborough?

A

oops sorry i didnt see the 'hour away' bit.

Huddersfield?

T

bit further than that.. I'm from a village near skipton :-)

O

Quote From sleepyhead:

Olivia, you forgot (might not know) one other thing that Sheffield is famous for... If we meet in Sheffield with the Admins do the Full Monty???

(Possibly at Sheffield Wednesday on a Wednesday, in a flat cap (you can keep your hat on), holding a whippet and a ferret, eating a Yorkshire Pudding (with Sheffield Steel cutlery), listening to the Human League/ABC/Pulp/the Long Blondes/Arctic Monkeys/Joe Cocker/Moloko/Def Leppard/Reverend and the Makers/the Longpigs/the Clash (not from Sheffield, but played their first ever gig there), having a chat with Michael Palin/Gordon Banks/Sean Bean/Helen Sharman/Seb Coe about how great it is that Sheffield is two-thirds green space and has more trees per head of population than any other city in Europe.)

Boooooooo London.

I did see the film The Full Monty, but did not know all of that about Sheffield! Well! After all that how can there be any debate about where to go or what events should be on the planner. Sheffield it is!

VOTE SHEFFIELD

VOTE SHEFFIELD
(up)

O

PS thinks sleepyhead deserves a star for all that.

T

So, how long is this poll going to run for?

A

Do you think the polls need a deadline?

actually there was an option to put a deadline while creating the poll.. I think we should stop while London is ahead :p

T

Quote From Adam:

Do you think the polls need a deadline?

Its just that I can see this going on for months...

Quote From thecoastman:

Its just that I can see this going on for months...

Wait till you see the "when" poll. :-)

R

======= Date Modified 26 Sep 2008 17:47:21 =======

Quote From 404:

Wait till you see the "when" poll. :-)

Followed by a "where" one maybe? Not that I'm psychic! :p

It looks like it's too close between London and Sheffield, but more people hate London than Sheffield so it'll turn into a no further action situation. I'd almost forgotten what the poll was for in the first place :$

A

If you all come to Sheffield you all get to see the PGF team for a beer or five Plus, I'm sure we have a few FindAPhD/FindAMasters/FindAPostDoc mouse mats and coasters for you all.(up)(up)

V

I'm voting for Sheffield then!
Plus, it's only 30 mins on the train from me :-)(up)