New in the forum and in love with a member

H

Yeah, I was just reading the latest messages - seems like you've all been busy whilst I've been working in the library!

M

Everyone thinks that they are above average in intelligence. I thought that PhDs would have figured it by now and that they could show their potential "superiority" in realising the phenomenon rather than being the ones who are trapped the most! Its unbelievable!

M

Why cant 1 person here have the guts to say that PhDs are not any better (in terms of IQ) that any other group? Something hat is so self-evident! Is being a PhD giving you all the self esteem you need to survive?

M

The reason I like Sylvester is because he is the opposite of you MistaG.

M

Whats the first that you need?

We will delete this thread if this trade in insults continues.

PGFT (getting a bit fed up - this isn't why we run this Forum).

M

I did not insult anyone here. On the contrary I am the only one who approaches the issue "philosophically". I consider it interesting that so many PhDs think they are for all sorts of reasons "superior". Sorry, I think that this is a more interesting discussion than: What time do you have lunch?

H

Interesting Maria_Z, and there was me thinking your topic for this particular thread was "New in the forum and in love with a member". Not far off "What shall we have for lunch" if you ask me...

M

Isnt being in love with someone more interesting than what time you have lunch? If you say that, then you are not in love (yes, I am expecting all the "how can u be in love with someone online?" now)!

M

And because I am fed up with all the "war" against me... before I leave you in peace in your nice intelligent-discussions-only forum... Yes!!! It IS possible to like someone from the way he writes, expresses ideas, makes jokes, responds to good and bad comments, handles issues. I really think that Sylvester is one of the best and most intelligent, humorous, kind people here and I showed an interest in meeting him in person. What's wrong with that? You never heard of relationships starting online? But anyway... I had enough of having to justify myself all the time just because I have different views than you guys.

S

I agree with DanB. I met my fiancee online (I just typed english on skype) and out of the 10000000 names that appeared I shose my fiancee's name completely at random. I actually wanted to talk to a british person just for fun while being a masters student in another country (feeling terribly bored) because I loved the english accent (being used to watching american movies, british accent sounded rather exotic to me ). This online chat went on and on... after one month we decided to meet, after 6 months i decided to move in to england with him (where i m doing the PhD) and after 2 years we got engaged. It is possible, but I think you approached the whole issuein a completely wrong way....

H

I hope she has gone but I bet she will still be "watching" out there anyway.

Maria, I have absolutely no idea why you kept banging on about maturity and intelligence in PhD students. No one here is trying to say that doing a phd makes them more intelligent and mature than the normal person. In fact I'm the first to admit that I'm incredibly immature, the word poo still makes me giggle.

You don't really read what people are saying, you blatently read what you want to read.

What we don't understand is why you show signs of being a stalker (to poor Sylvester) and think that you are normal. You come across as a total freak. No wonder everyone wanted you out.