The Facebook-esque post your current status thread

404 wants to believe that she can still work after 3 glasses of wine + g&t

L

Lara is practically lying down with the laptop ontop of her trying to stay awake and fantasising about how nice it would be to sleep and not have a deadline, or better yet have a thesis to finish!

R

Rubyw is drinking tea and eating toast, contemplating last night's dreams about her unfinished thesis, and desperately hoping that the anxiety will miraculously produce a series of perfectly finished chapters today. Perhaps she is still dreaming...

C

chrisrolinski does love the eighteenth-century but he doesn't think that it likes him. Their relationship looks like it might be heading for the rocks. chrisrolinski hopes he can save it for the sake of the children and animals he is writing about. :p

P

ProcrastiPro is annoyed that what was supposed to be a 1-hour nap turned into 7 hours of sleep, but is now getting on with it.

J

Juno is counting the days till the undergraduate summer placement students finish and she can get back to doing some bloody research without

a) students asking "Shall I breath in? Shall I breath out again? Miss, is it time to breath in again yet?"
b) said students hogging her bloody desk/computer for Facebook purposes when there's an entire library full of PCs for undergrad use.

L

Lara is back at her laptop and is going to finish the last section of chapter 1 even if it kills her ! (okay maybe not that)
:-s, she sents an egg timer for 1 hour maximum....time to do battle ! :-s

J

Juno is scared to open her email cos industrial partners keep demanding more results...argh

C

chrisrolinski is highly strung and crepuscular. He must finish a pile of work by Friday lunchtime but is not sure if it is possible. It will be done. But to what quality?

S

billy is wondering if she will manage to get a draft of this paper to her supervisors for tuesday!?! Well I won't if i keep procrastinating on here!

T

Tricky is finding it tricky to focus on work today

404 thinks that Sillybilly and Sillysally would make a great forum-couple :-)

L

Lara is working on chapter 2 methods. section by section...and hoping she will get it done by 5am!

S

Sylvester is in a strange world of relaxedom. He got up early this morning, worked all day and is now sat with his feet up for the rest of the day. Most unusual.

404 is worried that she'll never get a job