The Facebook-esque post your current status thread

P

phdbug is in the phd room on a date with a broken and temperamental printer.

S

scienceishard is working hard trying to get her house to smell like cinnamon/mulled wine/spiced clementine as befits the season, to remind herself its not that long till christmas, yay!

S

billys is wondering how the hell am i going to write 6,000 words for my upgrade report in a week!?

J

Juno is heartily sick of PCs crashing halfway through something that's taken ages to prepare.

O

Olivia is wishing it would quit raining so she could walk to Bleak Towers and not get soaked....and thinking that she should have learned by now to have a waterproof jacket or an umbrella at the ready at any time! :$

R

Rubyw is excited to notice she's being watched by a sparrow perched on the window ledge. She is hoping it will come back, as she's never seen one of them around here before. :-)

O

Olivia is really hungry and trying to decide what to do for lunch.

C

Caz has just banned an annoying spammer :p

O

Olivia has just written 1,000 words this morning and is in a very contrary mood....wanting to go into iconoclastic mode...... hmmm.... maybe Olivia just needs more coffee...and trying to be mellow by listening to MOTOWN!

S

Scienceishard doesn't quite know how to feel. Her brand new method for an experiment worked but not well enough to give her any data! Bittersweet, took me 12 hours to set up as well:-(:-)

T

tricky feels sorry for scienceishard as he had a similar experience earlier in the week.

J

So true: I'd sometimes rather have crap data than ambigious data: at least you know where you are with crap.

J

As for me...Juno is tired of businessmen ringing her mobile asking if their samples - delivered 1 hour ago - have been analysed yet. Analysis takes time, non-scientist people:-s

O

======= Date Modified 23 Oct 2008 14:41:11 =======
Olivia is looking over the help wanted ads in Key West, Florida, contemplating a much different existence, and listening to Jimmy Buffet music, and weighing the option of going blind typing footnotes over putting her feet in the sand and watching the sunset over the sea, with a nice drink in her hand, and the palm trees swaying, and some Key Lime pie ready for dessert.......hmmm!

This is the current view from the window of Olivia's PhD office......http://www.beachhousefl.com/images/Pirate_ship6.jpg

T

tricky is bored and in desperate need for motivation today.. Does anyone have any going spare?