where's MY star!!!!!

C

I wanna star!!! :-s

Pretty please :-)

S

Blimey, you're right, what happened?

Sorry Chrisrolinski, you missed the luck of the draw on the first batch of stars. But don't worry, one star's easy to get - just help somebody and if they like what you say they'll give you a star. The second one's a bit harder, and the third one's harder still. Noone's got 4 yet, so who knows how hard that is. As for five, well you'll need to get a job in Sheffield to come close to getting that many.

C

Thanks! Trust me to not be procrastinating and checking the forum on the very days the stars are handed out!!!!!:-)

S

Quote From andyp:

Sorry Chrisrolinski, you missed the luck of the draw on the first batch of stars. But don't worry, one star's easy to get - just help somebody and if they like what you say they'll give you a star. The second one's a bit harder, and the third one's harder still. Noone's got 4 yet, so who knows how hard that is. As for five, well you'll need to get a job in Sheffield to come close to getting that many.

So how do I get a second star? Do i have to have two people to say I am helful postie? (i think this should be poster but both of them sound weird...i am neither a postwoman or a peice of paper on the wall...maybe just better to say a forum member?...sorry rambling :$)

Please read the Forum Rules for more information about the Star System.

>Postgraduate Forum Rules

Regards The Postgraduate Forum Team

S

hmm....so basically the mods get to choose if we are deserving enough of another star!

The star system simply indicates whether your a helpful or very helpful user. The more helpful you are, the more stars you receive. Many people post content that carries little value and the star system gives users a way of spotting helpful users from high volume users.

B

Maybe I am consigning myself to starless eternity, but I would question whether we really need "stars" as a way of validating ourselves as worthwhile?

Hey? Who am I kidding. I am talking to some people that put themselves through hell just to have the title "Dr".

C

Quote From badhaircut:

Maybe I am consigning myself to starless eternity, but I would question whether we really need "stars" as a way of validating ourselves as worthwhile?

Hey? Who am I kidding. I am talking to some people that put themselves through hell just to have the title "Dr".

I require near constant validation of my self worth. Shiny gold stars soothe me. :p

S

Sorry this is very off-topic, and purely for Chrisrolinski:

Have you seen this?

Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan, USA
April 16-17, 2009

Thisconference will explore the past, present and future roles animals playin human histories. Possible topics for papers include animalhistories, animal agency, anthropomorphism, zoomorphism, animalperception, gender and connecting (or separating) oppressions, andanimals as technologies.

Keynote Speaker: Harriet Ritvo, Department of History, Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

GuestSpeakers: Tom Tyler, Department of Philosophy and Culture, OxfordBrookes University, United Kingdom, and Terry O'Connor, Department ofZooarchaeology, York University, United Kingdom.

We encourage submissions from interdisciplinary and international perspectives. Graduate students are welcome to apply.

Submissions should include the paper title and abstract (max. 500 words) and a short biography of the speaker.

All speakers must register for the conference.

Deadline for paper submissions: September 29, 2008

Paper submissions should be sent to Georgina Montgomery at [email protected]

Dr. Georgina Montgomery
Assistant Professor
Lyman Briggs College
Michigan State University

And to make it related to the topic, after all: You could reward me with a star... :-)

C

Thank you Shani! That would be a great conference to get myself known in North America for jobs etc. I have a paper in mind for it too. Plus I am actually trying to get on of the speakers to be a external examiner.

:-) You have your star.

I still await my first. (grrr ingrates!) ;-)

R

Hi Chris if you post on my thread 'Tell me something helpful' I will give you a star!!!!! And... umm.... well seen as I helped you out with a star then maybe you could help me with one??? No pressure ;-)

S

wao this obsession with stars...:) from now on we shld refer to each other no star, Mr Five star and so on...and look at Andy....five star

stars stars stars i see stars every where

S

Thanks Chris 8-)