Christian courtship during PhD away from home

J

To H:

>I think you are scared of women. I think it's something you need to
>overcome before you can have a proper relationship with anyone.

I guess you're right too. Actually, I liked that girl best when she dressed and behaved like a young girl and not as a woman--I was shocked to realise she could look and act like a woman. To be honest, I decided to start the friendship because she looked very childish, naive and unthreatening--she is to a great extent--never to suspect I would fall for these very characteristics. What I don't like from "women" is that I suspect they want to mate. That sucks! That's why the courtship thing makes so much sense to me.

J

But male gays scare me even worse. I can't stand them. I remember one guy I was developing a friendship with and then I realised he was kinda gayish. Yuck! Perhaps I'm just freaking out, but the idea of the courtship during the PhD is really nice because it would be like having a really close and superbright female friend, like a relative or something, and then spending your life with her.

P

You became friends with a girl because she looked like a child?
You don't like it when a female looks mature and like a woman?
You are comparing a future wife with a relative, particularly a little sister?
You are uncomfortable with people hugging you, inviting you to dinner and calling you nicknames?
You don't think humans should have urges?
You don't think old people have sex?
It is physically impossible for you to type the word 'sex'.
You think couples spend 5% of their time having sex? That is 1.2 hours every day. There must be something wrong with me.
You are only interested in finding a GIRL who is 22yo, goes to Oxbridge, has never had s*x, is a talented cook, wants kids and is trilingual?

If you are not having a lend of us, you are going to be a very, very lonely man...and I would be careful voicing that whole 'I like little girls' thing. Sorry to be harsh, but you have kind of given me the creeps and I feel sorry for is the object of your affections.

P

...I forgot to add that you are homophobic as well!

M

Piglet...

"You are only interested in finding a GIRL who is... trilingual?"

Cunning linguists make good spouses

Oh, and just because jradetzky doesn't like homosexuality doesn't mean he's a homophobe in the sense of being vehemently opposed to them. To be honest, if he's a Christian, I woulnd't be surprised if he wasn't in favour of it.

J

To Piglet:

Actually, I like to think of a future wife as a sister during the courtship and as a mother after the wedding. Unfortunately, she would have to be up to the aforementioned standards to be on par with me, otherwise, it's not gonna work at all. I suppose I could make minor concesions like master's level instead of PhD or any other reputable university and not necessarily Oxbridge, or a bit older and not trilingual, but that's about it. On the other hand, I'm just toying with the idea of ase*uality that someone raised earlier in the thread. Perhaps that's what I really am and what I'm after and not a Christian NSBM.

J

BTW, I am NOT a Christian (I'm atheist), I'm NOT pedophilic, and I'm NOT homophobic. However, if I had the choice to be gay or have a gay son, I wouldn't certainly go for it. Nevertheless, I would defend a gay man's right not to be discriminated against in any avenue of life. I remember during an undergrad class I was given the task of defending the argument of gays adopting children and I managed not to lose the debate.

J

Oh yeah, and my own mom already told me I was going to be a very lonely man, so I'm used to that discourse. Perhaps she and Piglet are right, but I think ase*ual courtship with a top-notch Oxbridge girl is the right way for me.

P

Matthew82,

His claim was "gays scare me". Doesn't the word homophobe include the term 'phobe' as in 'phobia' meaning 'fear of'? Therefore, doesn't homophobia, by definition, mean a 'fear of' homosexuals or homosexuality?

Nowhere in the word 'homophobe' is there any reference to hatred or opposition, vehement or otherwise. If I suffer arachnophobia, do I not have a 'fear' of spiders?

Not sure it can be translated any other way. They guy is, by definition, 'homophobic'.

If you want to talk about opposition to gay people, look at his next claim: "I can't stand them". Now here he displays a vehement opposition to them, so you can start talking about him liking or disliking gay people...but he is still homophobic.

A

One brief comment - there are gay people on this forum, too, and reading someone admitting freely that "he can't stand them" doesn't do a lot of good to me.

C

AnnieG: Quite.

I pity him beyong words. ****!

C

I meant:

I pity him beyond words. Though as a postgraduate student I should be able to find many. The again, most of the words that come to mind all all four lettered anyway...

U

I just read this thread for the first time in a while.

Sorry to say this, JRadetzky but you are definitely:

a) homophobic and

b) a weirdo.

People have sex and it's one of the normal things of life. And people are behaving like animals sometimes, that's why we live in a world full of war, crime and injustice.

B

Jradetzkey,
'I suppose I could make minor concesions like master's level instead of PhD or any other reputable university and not necessarily Oxbridge, or a bit older and not trilingual, but that's about it.'

I fit the criteria! I am at masters/PhD level, at a reputable university, good looking (if I do say so myself), may be a bit older plus I am trilingual (if you count the language of LOVE)! Sounds like you need ME to be the sister before and the mother after marriage.

Most importantly, if we were to start courting, I promise I wouldnt touch SBM with a 6-9 inch pole!

U

I'm speechless

The forum's just gone mad..