Confess..

P

14.8 and agree with KC about the science bit, would be totally different if this was for arts or social scineces!

J

Scary - I'm not a scientist, I hate star trek etc and can only use a computer in windows but i got 18.73767%
Wonder what my (not an academic) husband got...

A

I've always classed myself as bit of a geek - my family tell me I am, and others occasionally too! luckily most of my friends are also geeks so i'm in good company!

I just took the test and i'm 14% geek, I agree with others that its a bit biased, but i'm a scientist and wouldn't say it is weighed towards much except maths and computing! I think if you gave me a science geek test i'd be in the upper realms of geekness! :$

just for laughs - i'm writing this right now with one completely green hand as I was dying cornflour today for kids experiments and didn't even think about putting a glove on til too late I was just enjoying making cornflour slime - very cool stuff! :) but i'm now going to have a green hand for a while! Maybe this classes me more of a geek?

I must say though, i'm proud to be one!!

M

Think you guys are right about the bias toward science - I am a scientist and got 35% 8-)

A

ooh, also, I have passed this on to my partner, I can't wait for him to do it! he's a statistician and computer geek so i'm sure he'll be rated high! :) will post his score for interest!

M

Hooray I'm a super geek 50%. I am studying maths though so not unexpected.

K

I may compile a list if more people take it. MathKitty is currently Queen Geek supreme, I am a mere underling. This forum needs more hierarchies!

N

I think I am a bit thick - I only got 8.5 which makes me a "poser"! I am in the social sciences though.

======= Date Modified 10 Feb 2010 23:24:02 =======
I got 8.67, so am a 'poser', not a charge I can deny in any situation! However, I think because the test is science focussed, us humanities people are missing out on our true quota of geektasticness recognition.

p.s. I've just arranged to go to a folk weekend and am really excited about it; that must qualify me for more geekiness, surely.

T

15.67% - Officially a geek it seems *faints in surprise*

Now to send this round my work...

19.32939%

But, I don't think I am particularly geeky about my subject - in fact I hate it. But I am quite geeky, and if I didn't have a thesis to write, would probably do things like sign up to world of warcraft etc.

M

3.5% I'm a Poser. I'd have LOVED to say yes to "I wear...Spock Ears". Hahah xxx

J

I got 25.24655%, so just about hitting the ranks of "total geek". Also I now really want a thermometer that also measures humidity.

Rankings so far, in order of geekiness:

1. Mathkitty 50%
2. Melsie 35%
3. Jessebel 25.24655%
4. Sneaks 19.32939%
5. Jesponclough 18.73767%
6. Teek 15.67%
7. Ev 14.9901%
8. Phdbug 14.8%
9. Alpaclover 14%
10. Keep_Calm 11.8%
11. Walminskipeasucker 11.44%
12. Eska 8.67%
13. Natassia 8.5%
14. Maria1 3.5%

K

I love how we've taken Tom's innocent question,found a testing device and collected ordered, statistical results (with some debate about methodology and accuracy along the way)