Deadline is this summer - let's do it together!

D

Well done slowmo! It is such a relief to get your thesis submitted, isn't it? I would have some celebratory drinks and then take some time out from your thesis. I had a two week holiday with no books in sight! When you get back into it again I would read through your thesis with fresh eyes, noting errors, adding explanatory notes if needed and post it notes for the viva. Some viva prep planning is a good idea too. Hopefully, you won't have long to wait at least get a viva date to work towards.

So go and have some fun tonight :p(up)

P

wow congratulations slowmo! I am soooo happy for you! Agree with Dunni, you should take a holiday/break from it to let your brain rest a while :) if you can't take a couple of weeks off after finishing the biggest document you will ever write in your life, I don't know when you can!!

CONGRATULATIONS and WELL DONE!! (up)

K

Hey Slowmo, congratulations! Can't wait to be in that position myself! Have yourself a nice rest before you start stressing about the viva, you've done the hardest bit now :) KB

F

Congratulations Slowmo! Fantastic news!

I have just gotten all of my revisions back from sups, and amazingly enough it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. So revisions, revisions, revisions over the next few weeks. Try to get my discussion in order, and maybe I will actually be able to make it in by Christmas(tree)

Keep up the good work everyone!

D

======= Date Modified 19 Jul 2011 17:55:57 =======
Good work Slowmo! That's ace news, bet it's such a relief to have submitted!

D

Fm - good news on your sups comments, hopefully you will be on schedule for your submission too.

The last weeks of revisions, amendments and completion of the draft thesis for submission is a really difficult time of wills, wanting it submitted but finding motivation to complete it!!!  Keep going everyone, you are all doing so well (up)

Slowmo - I hope you are enjoying a well deserved break (up)

I think I have completed my final corrections but now have to wait and see if the internal examiner agrees with the changes. I would like to get them done asap so that I can fully relax before we move house in 6 weeks time.  If all is well then I need to get my thesis fully bound and distributed. Then finally I can think about graduation (maybe, don't want to get too excited just yet).

D

Hi everyone, sound like you're all doing so well.
T-minus 6 days until complete draft hand in for me and i have 2 chapters still to correct plus a whole conclusion chapter to write. Eek! Working every hour that the day brings! Good luck everyone

P

I am currently panicing, printing the thesis out.... how is everyone else?

D

How exciting Pink_numbers, I bet it's good to see it printed!

I've just finished the bulk of the writing, now doing a huge proof read while adding in a few extra examples. Hope everyone else is doing ok :-)

D

Printing out means submission is very near Pink Numbers, woohooo! Hope the printer is coping ;-)

Determined Daisy, you are progressing really well! It is quite an acheivement to get the thesis all written up. It is very encouraging to see such productivity on this thread (up)

K

Ooooh, I am exhausted! Got to get my PhD to the bindery by Monday, so 5 days to go. Just done quite a big re-write of my discussion section after I got some not-great comments back from my sup...but she won't be able to see the final copy, it's too late now so I'm just gonna have to shove it in :/ Tomorrow I'm back to sorting out the references and formatting. Sounds like there's a whole bunch of us all at the same stage! Good luck everyone :) Best, KB

P

woooo off to get the theses bound now :)

Keenbean, you are sooooo close, keep going!! do let us know if there is anything we can help you with, I know you have a lot on your plate at the moment.

determined_daisy - congratulations, you really have completed the hardest bit of the thesis writing. It'll be a breeze from now on, editing what you have already written is so much easier than creating new text!

A

Cula Bula Pink 8-)

Alas my second draft now been with my supv for last four weeks and I have horrible feeling that for the first three weeks of the four, it was not read:-(. I have been proofing madly and fixing and tweaking so it's almost ready to go save any changes he wants.

Resist the urge to fling hardcopies of thesis Pink_Numbers when you're handing it in! I know that's what I'll want to do with mine!

Good luck all (up)

D

Ady, I feel your pain as waiting for the final sups comments is soul destroying!  Are they reading it, should I prompt them etc etc went through my mind at this time. At least you are getting the proofing done, it is amazing what errors are spotted still and how many tweaks can be done.  It is a reflective time too where the intensive work winds down a little so you are better able to be objective. However, there is always an overwhelming urge to chuck it out the window lol. You will very soon be submitted so just keep hold of that thought  (up)

P

I've submitted, but it hasn't sunk in AT ALL yet...