examination forms nightmare!

L

what does he want?

does he want a freakin daily account of what i've been doing every single day.

i have a good mind to tell him, where exactly my productivity went, on the so called time off i had, i spent working on my 1st paper and last year i spent on the 2nd paper

i dont give a s*** anymore. im gonna email him, and tell him exactly what i have been doing!!

L

what;s the point

i might as well just give up. and fail by default.

L

he obviously wants me to quit, so he doesnt waste time helping me, because he gets nothing from me getting a phd or failing.

so might aswell save everyone the bother, and just quit.

L

i'm telling my university, exactly what he wrote. i dont give a damn anymore. i have to look out for myself. because they will fail me, if i dont send off the forms asap. and they need to know why there's a delay.

L

he's right. i dont have the intellect to pass my phd. i just cant do it. i should never have done a phd. i'm just a dissapointment. and have no business calling myself a phd student.

phds are for people that are clever. i'm not. so i quit

L

my phd thesis, will be crap, and i will fail. so might aswell save everyone the hassle and quit now.

L

i did it. i told the graduate officer. of the current situation.

i need to keep my uni in the picture, so they know exactly why the forms have not been sent in yet.

now i will compose an email to my supervisor and bore him to tears telling him exactly what i have been doing.

L

and now i have to waste a day writing to my supervisor, detailing him what i have done. and explaining my so called productivity.

i might aswell just do it today. write a detailed map of my thesis.

i should never have done a phd.

L

doing a phd. it's just not worth it. not worth it, psychologicaly and emotionally. i have lost all passion that i had for science.

A

Hi Lara,Ive had plenty of problems with my PhD and supervisors but im now at the writing stage and am glad i stuck it out.I think you need to turn up at his/her office with your detailed plan and talk it through.it sounds as though emailing just isnt enough to show how serious you are about it

L

he hates that. he only sees people by appointment, and it will piss him off, cause he has a grant deadline.

but you're right.

i will write a detailed plan and email it to him by the end of the day.

i've just been crying and i'm an emotional wreck.

L

thanks avalon for your message, i really appreciate it.

A

also,is there a student ombudsman at your university?Might be a good idea to go talk to them and get some advice as to how to handle this stressful situation.we have one at my uni and i know that somwtimes they offer to sit in on meetings etc. as an independent party.

P

I can understand you are very stressed right now, but chill out - I hate to say it, but some of your posts come across in quite a childish way and that's not meant to be offensive, as I can be really childish at times.. but things like

'phds are for people that are clever. i'm not. so i quit' is a pile of horse crap and it just sounds like you're throwing your toys out the pram.. you've come so far, don't let your moron supervisor wear you down.. call your friends, have a nice night and work out a plan of action.

By getting stroppy and acting in an unprofessional manner, you're just giving weight to your supervisors cticisms... PhD's aren't for clever people, they're for people who don't quit when all the mundane tasks need doing and for people who can keep going, even when criticised...

L

erm. i dont know. i emailed the graduate officer, asking her if she knows anyone i can talk to in confidence.

the problem is, my phd is registered at uni A. but my supervisor and lab moved to Uni B. so i just feel lost.

but thats good advice. thanks