First conference coming up!

I

lol! cheese puffs aren't healthy are they!? And I drink both coffee and tea ;) Tea in the day, and coffee usually at night. When I wake up, I NEED a tea lol so so important. Are you more of a tea or coffee person?

I'm not a fan of smoothies - they look so nice, but sometimes they taste a bit weird :s They have potential though!

Nah I'm living with my parents at the mo, as only recently came back from my Masters course, so I've got no money. And housing around where I live (London) is stupidly expensive. Did you find housing expensive when you came over here?

S

Unbelievably so! In Germany I was renting a small flat by myself for 350 euros and it was absolutely beautiful and very modern! Here I pay 400 pounds for a room!!! But I get funding from my Uni so its ok... I also get to experience my lovely flatmates: a very loud with high tamperament greek girl, a very cutte and shy little british boy (he is only 19, yet very respectful), a polish girl who gets dressed in so colourful clothes thaT i had never seen before and a scotish guy who I can never never understand what he says! In general I am very poor at picking up accents!

Sometimes I drink coffee... when its late and I HAVE to stay up. Never for pleasure...

S

Puffs are not healthy!? Since they sell them in gindergardens they have to be! Thats at least the excuse I give to myself for finishing two bags

Its 23:40 already!!!!! Can you believe it??????

J

*hears the words "signal detection analysis"*

*is suddenly interested*

S

Really? You are interested? Well, it is difficult to explain it in one paragraph but it is basically a measure of discriminability/sensitivity for YES/NO responses in experimental designs where you have to say for example whether you have seen something before or not (after seeing a list of words for example). It tell us whether someone is biased to answer all the time yes or all the time no (when they are not sure) and also how difficult the task was with respect to the discriminabilty of the stimuli.

S

What is your area Jewel?

I

Lol well the Scottish accent is very difficult, but the same is true of welsh and irish, and even many parts of england if it's thick enough. Britain is very diverse for accents! And £400 a month is very expensive :s I studied in Wales, so I'm used to £250 a month XD MUCH better 8) Sounds like you live with cool people though! Much better then

And no I can't belive how late it's got already :s Shocking!

S

Its ok, we have at least 3 more hours of chatting

My analysis is going better now. I think I am so much more productive at night! Next step, I will tell participants that my experiments are run after midnight!

So, where did you do your masters? Did you enjoy it?

I

lol! Dunno about that, I've got to get up at 6.30 to let the dogs out and feed them 8( I might have to go to bed soon.

Good to hear the analysis is getting better 8) The peace of the night sometimes helps! You working at home or in the uni? :s

I was at Bangor for my Masters - I had the time of my life there, it was absolutely amazing! I lived in a quiet village on the island of Anglesey, but I walked into town quite easily. Met a lot of great people and it was a wonderful course. What did you think of yours compared to the PhD?

S

I did not enjoy my PhD at all! Here I have a better time! I am working at home at nights. Dont want my colleagues to see me eating cheese puffs

So, was it hard coming back home?

S

Sorry what I wanted to say is that I did not enjoy my masters!

I

Hang on - you've finished your PhD!? I thought you were still doing it :s And lol nothing wrong with people seeing you eat cheese puffs - can't say they're my fave, I prefer Mini Cheddars 8)

It wasn't that hard coming home - I miss it a lot, but there are fewer huge spiders here so I'm a little more comfortable. I don't go out as much while I'm here though, which is a bit of a pain 8(

Anyway, I'm off to bed - might speak to you tomorrow! Don't work too hard 8)

S

I am moving out soon, so I stopped killing spiders. Instead, I now feed them (I really love my flatmates )

Ok, sleep well... Talk to you tomorrow!

I

You feed them? That's terrifying!

Ours were huge in Bangor - someone tried to catch one in one of those really big wide-brimmed mugs, and it wouldn't fit! One of the legs got caught and fell off, so we had to use a saucepan! I breathed a sigh of relief when I left that place, even though it was a really nice house!

Oh, and you're mean!

J

i do statistics