Jojo's Writing Up Diary - The Race for the First Draft

J

yesterday's workshop was ok. i learnt a lot about career progression. am taking it easy today and i'll probably do some work later.

M

u seems to be doing very well, i will need ur advise, to keep up to speed, can 1 actually finish in 2.5 years with phd

S

bless you, fighting!

J

thanks.

mellib - am not too clear on what you are asking. could you clarify your question?

J

all the best spiegboy!

C

Hey Jojo,
Thanks for posting this, great to hear how someone else is doing and their work style. Sounds like you're making good progress, good luck

M

what is your secret formula for doing so well, sounds like u can finish in 2 and half years?

J

who wants to help me here?

mellib - could you start a different thread?

J

thanks Cakegirl! all the best in your work.

J

1st April - wrote a bit of a paper i want to publish. worked between 2pm - 5.30pm.

2nd April - took the day off.

3rd April - am planning to work on paper between 1pm to 4pm.

taking it easy this week before i hear from my supervisor next week.

C

Well done Jojo! Writing up and doing papers - you're proving it to me that it can be done.

J

today i worked on paper from 1.30pm to 6pm. managed to do a lit review. will start writing final draft tomorrow. taking the evening off.

J

i managed some two hours on the paper today. 15.30 - 17.30. i must get serious!!! though am technically off. hoping to hear from one reviewer of an already submitted paper this week, and my supervisor is still silent (am starting to get worried. hopefully i'll finish the paper am writing by friday. not at this rate tho - must be up early tomorrow.

J

thanks catchianthe.

J

i didn't manage to do much today. attended some medical appointments.

meanwhile, am getting feedback on Friday. am really nervous. fingers crossed.