Jojo's Writing Up Diary - The Race for the First Draft

J

Update for JoJo's diary since last week:

Friday the 7th - i managed to get much done on Friday but not as much as i had hoped. i worked from 1pm to 2.50 pm then between 4pm and 7pm. about five hours of work. (5hours)
Saturday the 8th - I worked between 1.30pm to 3.30pm and between 4pm to 5pm. (3 hours)
Sunday the 9th - I did a few hours of work in the afternoon. Can't find the record of precise times but i'd say about 3hours.
Monday the 10th- I worked between 12.30pm and 3.15 pm, then from 3.30pm to 4.30pm. I also worked on a paper between 5pm and 10pm.(about 8hours)
Tuesday the 11th - today, i finished a paper i was writing. I worked from 6am - 9.20 am, then attended a class between 10 am and 12 pm. Went of for lunch and ran some errands and then worked between 1.30pm and 4.3Opm. about 8 hours of work.
am working on handing in work towards the end of the week. that explains the drastic increase in hours. so til tomorrow, good day/night's work everyone!

J

am considering taking some time off soon, to recover from the hardwork and publications.. maybe in a week or two i'll take a weekend away.

J

yesterday i managed to complete a literature review.

i worked from 1.30pm til 6.30 pm and then for an hour from 8pm to 9pm. 6 hours in total.

J

hey Jojo! I love this diary - it is so inspiring and informative! I am trying to write my first chapter let alone the whole thing - having a break down of how you are doing each day, how long you are working for and when is really helpful because i too am erratic regarding when I am productive. Recently I have been trying to shoehorn myself into a routine but perhaps a routine isn't for me, just work when you can... Keep it up and good good good luck!

J

thanks Jayney. am glad it inspires you.

i went to a class this morning - 10 am - 11 am and then wrote up between 1.30pm and 3.00pm. i didn't do as much as i had planned because i began to feel unwell in the afternoon. i decided to take the day off. hope i'll be feeling better tomorrow.

J

today i wrote up from 1.30pm -4.30pm. couldn't concentrate because i was feeling unwell. i decided to take the day off.

J

jojo's taking the day off - she's still unwell.

S

Hope you get better soon

O

Hope that you feel better JoJo!

J

thanks Olivia and SillyBilly.

am still unwell today, maybe tomorrow... fingers crossed.

J

the sad part of things is that i'll spend Easter at my desk making up for lost time when everyone else is away having fun.

O

Hi Jojo,
How are feeling now?
Hope you are feeling better now

J

hi omega monkey. am feeling better and getting back to work today. thanks for checking on me.

B

How much more of this thread do we have to endure??? This is sooo boring!!!

Suggestion ... spend less time posting 'updates' on your progress, and more on your PhD work (also, it's no surprise it's taking you sooo long to get a first draft together ... you work sporadically and - most of the time - in short bursts).

GET ON WITH IT!

J

BB, why don't you just shut your mouth and go elsewhere? If you find this boring, then stop reading, you moron.

Apparently you have no idea about the Ph.D process and how difficult it is to constantly produce great work, so I find this thread inspiring and very helpful. Moreover, it definitely helps to tell others about success and progress,no matter how small the steps taken at a time are.