Jojo's Writing Up Diary - The Race for the First Draft

G

cheers jojo.

it's totaly pants today, trying to find the motivation to drive me through today. just trying to remind myself that i said i'd have a complete chapter in by next week. so time to get back to it. congrats on paper.

J

that's the way to go Grantino. nothing can beat the feeling of handing in a chapter. all the best. just keep going, you'll start to enjoy it. if it makes any difference, i'll be working on those corrections tonight. so you're not alone.

C

Congrats on the paper!! When i published I was sad and kept looking myself up on pubmed!! 10 days till thesis submission!! Cant wait. am going to have a big drink.
Keep going!!

S

Congrats on the paper Jojo

Clowning - I've got 10 days till submission too - with a world of work still to go - Ahhhh!

C

Think i have hit a dead calm!! Its weird and not natural!We can do it! its nearly over. Though am shocked to learn that i only get 10% of any royalty my thesis makes from the British library if anyone is sad enough to buy it!!

S

I got that too about a week agao - had been soo stressed and then it went all calm after I submitted a chapter - stressed today though - was given a week to write my main intro!

But we can do it - I'll get the coffee on

When will you expect to be getting vivad? I think mines going to be about 2 weeks after submission

C

Begining of June when the external can make it. Am starting my post doc in may so not too long after submission!

Coffee is ur friend, it will be fine.
x

J

thanks everyone. am ploughing on with the corrections. i have done a fair bit of work. On tuesday 22nd, i worked between 12 noon and 7pm. Wednesday 23rd was rather slow, i worked for about 4 hours between 1pm and 6pm. Today 24th i worked from around 12 noon til whenever i sign off. i'll be working on an overdrive to finish corrections and hand in tomorrow. who else is working tonight?

S

me!

C

Me too!!

J

going to get a cuppa. tea break everyone.

C

have just finished the final discussion section. I hate that section!!!

having a coffeee to celebrate.

S

yeaaa!

What else you got to do?

I've still got frikkin loads! why does this take so damn long??

C

Well have to finish off the discussion of one of my results chapters and fiddle with my intro and do all the formatting stuff.

Just think the final discussion is pointless, just going over old ground.

Keep the faith we only have to do it once!
xx

S

yea I think I'm done for the night!

Time for some well earned sleep