Marmite

C

======= Date Modified 15 45 2009 20:45:11 =======
I used to hate Marmite with a passion. The smell of it, the look of it, and the taste of it. Urghhkk.
More recently, however, I have been sickeningly spreading that thick stuff all over my toast, and ramming it into my face like there's no tomorrow.

What I want to know is, are you a marmite lover, or a hater?

W

I hate it, and I've never even tasted or smelt it!

C

:-) Go on Walminski! Dare ya to stick your tongue in the pot.

T

Oh walminski, say it isn't so?

W

Well, I don't mean to be horrible, but marmite is made from microbial waste and that's not how I get my jollies from food. I'd rather eat a (sprout) raw.

C

Waste not, want not. That's all I have to say.

S

Marmite!??!! Pfff! It's gotta be Vegemite!! :-)

T

No sue! Never marmite's angry twisted little cousin, never.

Oh dear, I can see a terrible fallout from this......

W

Yes! We're at 50-50! I only need one more marmite hater - should be easy to find - and then I have proven my thesis that marmite is disgusting. R.e. the marmite versus vegimite discussion, there's only one way to find out... I want to bring a bit of science into this, so I've sent of an e-mail to Lesaffre, world leaders in the yeasts market no less, to ask them which they think is better. I'll post the response on here when I get it and settle this once and for all.

K

Well I hate it just on appearance and general lack of appeal. I have to confess, I have never tasted it. I used to hate branston pickle just because it looks rank but once I had tasted it there was no going back...I can cram a whole jar of it between two slices of bread and find it most enjoyable :) KB

Marmite's top! The colluseum!

But Wally's info amused me: imagine the 70s Tom O'Connor ad - the kid says 'What's marmite Tom?' and Tom responds 'It's microbiotic waste, kid, try some...'

I really like raw (sprout)

C

Another Branston Pickle on bread person!! I'm not the only freak!

C

Walminski, that's a brilliant idea! You remind me of Robin Cooper's 'The Timewaster Letters'. Recommended toilet book if you can get your hands on a copy.

W

Well, the votes are in and my thesis has been confirmed: marmite is well minging. Now the vegimite (which according to the ingredients is microbial dung and vegetable offal) versus marmite (all microbial dung)...I shall post the verdict when I receive it tomorrow.

S

Quote From walminskipeasucker:

Well, the votes are in and my thesis has been confirmed: marmite is well minging. Now the vegimite (which according to the ingredients is microbial dung and vegetable offal) versus marmite (all microbial dung)...I shall post the verdict when I receive it tomorrow.

How can vegemite be vegetable offal? Vegetables don't have internal organs!!