Marmite

C

Bug, what about the Bumble Bee chunder? You forgot that on your list!

C

Ha Ha Ha! Sneaks, I've just got this image of a big blob of pickle the size of King Kong chasing after you and scooping you up in it's big pickled hand with you screaming and wriggling your legs!

P

@Cobweb: bumble bee chunder aka honey? Ahhh yes...

@Sneaks: I'm not American OMG! Or did you not mean that lol!

The paste of all stinky and smelly gooey things after touring kitchens of the world? Dunno...

I just watched The Stepfather at a West End cinema (I like watching horror films and then ruing the entire event when I'm trying to not go pee at 2 am out of a fear of unknown axe-men or similar) and then ate like a pig at a Chinatown restaurant and will now eat a plate of prawn noodles...

so, perhaps will check in on this thread tomorrow for microbial waste around here might just make Bug chunder...

(there you are Cobweb, I;ve put in some toilet humour into this thread!):p

oh, I always thought you were american! - I don't know why. Maybe its because you are always saying how welcomed you are in this country and I thought maybe that the only people not usually welcomed are americans (because they like peanut butter and jam sandwiches) and that's why you were so pleased at being welcomed haha! I don;t know. Maybe I have just driven myself INSANE with PhD ramblings

C

Bug, I'll make sure I am far, far away when you bum chunder on this thread, especially after those prawn noodles!

W

Don't be slagging off honey,
that's not very funny,
it's been around since the start of civilisation,
and has many an industrial application,
from shining your shoes to cleaning you loo,
honey is loved by more than a peculiar few,
I'm willing to bet my money,
so don't be slagging off honey.

C

*sigh* That was beautiful walminski :-x

W

I know, I'm a poet and I don't even know it. [sigh] - there I go again...(robin)

C

oop! *giggle giggle*

P

Quote From sneaks:

oh, I always thought you were american! - I don't know why. Maybe its because you are always saying how welcomed you are in this country and I thought maybe that the only people not usually welcomed are americans (because they like peanut butter and jam sandwiches) and that's why you were so pleased at being welcomed haha! I don;t know. Maybe I have just driven myself INSANE with PhD ramblings

Ahhhh haahaha!! poor sneaks, the thesis is driving you insane! I'm from a former Brit colony, and hence I've smoothly fitted in here, cos my education, language, story books, even the names of the streets in my city have been so Anglicised, hence feel completely at home! For crying out loud, the uni in my home city is called University of XYZ, Senate House!

C

COME ON MARMITE PEOPLE! GET VOTING!

Phone entrants are required to call the premium rate telephone number and follow the instructions in the recorded message to answer the relevant question. Standard network charges apply. The total cost will be dependent on the entrant’s network. Calls from other networks may be higher and from mobiles will be considerably more.

:p

C

Wow, what a contentious issue! I am firmly, whole heartedly and completely in the love marmite camp. Spread quite thick (but not quite as thickly as jam), preferably on toast, often with cheddar cheese slabs on top. Lick the excess off the knife (no wastage please, this stuff is too precious). *drool* None of this thin spreaded marmite for me; I like a proper fix or none at all. This does however mean that a jar doesn’t last so long, and is quite expensive, but it’s gooooooood! (up) (up) (up) (up) (up) (up) (up) (up)

Re vegemite. I would rather eat frogspawn which is less likely to make my skin crawl and my stomach wretch. Feel green just at the thought of it. Sorry Sue2604 – we have so much in common re PhD land and similar experiences, but I have to disagree with you on this subject!

I had a cousin who spread pickle in her sandwich that was as thick as a slice of bread…would you like a bit of sandwich with your pickle?
(Any more condiments?)

C

THickly spread? CHEESE on top?!

You're sick.

S

Ah well, being the token Aussie I'll have to defend Vegemite. It got me thru my undergrad days - poor, there was always Vegemite on toast to keep me going. Vegemite on toast is also the perfect hangover cure! All that vitamin B to get you going again.

When I was on holidays in the UK a few years ago, I could only find Vegemite in a health food store - there, proof that it's good for you too! ;-)

C

Yes Cobweb, I'm sick but I like it!! In fact, sometimes I even leave out the bread and just spread marmite on the cheese...

Re the microbial poo debate, marmite is actually beer sludge - in Burton (middle of the UK) there's a beer factory. Out of the side of the beer factory is a pipe which takes all the beer sludge into the marmite factory (which has a giant jar of marmite on top, although I suspect it's not real). So in fact it's beer on toast. I don't like beer.

I'm in total agreement that the marmite/vegemite family is healthy - I will look next time I'm in a health food store! Splendid for hangovers, healing powers