Passed viva - wahoo!

C

Congratulations! Fantastic! :-)(up)

P

Yuhuu- that is so brilliant! Congratulations, Bilbo, really really superb news! And it sounds like you had a good time with your viva, too.. Nice one(up)
What an achievement, and apart from your personal situation, anyone doing a part-time PhD has got my absolute respect - hats off to you Bilbo!
Hope you have fun celebrating(gift)

S

That's great news, you deserve it, have a gold star! (((big hug)))

F

So, so pleased for you BB.
Having a bit of a tough time with my own work and your good news and great example of persistence has cheered me up no end.
Well done!!!!

F

(up)
well done BB I'm very pleased for you

B

Thanks everyone for all the very kind wishes. I really appreciate them. And yes I will still be hanging around here. Try to get rid of me!

Just been catching up with lost sleep today. I think adrenaline was keeping me going through yesterday, and then it made it very hard to get to sleep again last night! But I've just had a very good long uninterrupted sleep for 8 hours. Wow.

And it still hasn't quite sunk in :p

congratulations. Great to hear good news like this... Good inspiration too.

S

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Massive, massive congratulations Dr Bilbo :-) so so happy for you, that's just the best news :-) I really hope you have a wonderful relaxing Easter and enjoy that egg :-)

B

Thanks again everyone. Just got the email from my viva convenor confirming the required corrections, which are all ridiculously minor (basically a few typos - most of which I'd spotted - plus improving/correcting some captions). Have a month to do them, but reckon I can do them in about a week. But not this week!

Happy Easter to everyone, whether religious or not (latter in my case). And happy chocolate egg munching to anyone like me who has a large chocolate egg stashed ready for the occasion.

R

Congratulations Dr Bilbo :-)

You must be very proud. well done!!!

B

Congratulations! Really pleased for you. That's excellent, and very inspiring, news. Well done!!!!

S

Many many congratulations Bilbo. Your posts are an inspiration and I'm sure help us all to realise that it can be done, no matter what! Relax and enjoy the celebrations!! 8-)

B

Just took delivery of my hard bound theses, all printed and bound yesterday, following my completing the corrections last week. They look lovely! There will be a slight delay before my final submission, partly cos sup's away, partly cos my viva convenor's away, who needs to formally sign off the corrections by receiving the hard bound copy, and forwarding it to registry with a note.

But that's all just a formality now. Did I say the hard bound copies look lovely? 8-)

A

Well done Bilbo.. very prod of ya :-)..

A

That would spell Proud not prod :p