Sneaks' accountability thread

urgh - haven't done any PhD yet! Sup has had a crisis with purchasing something so trying to get that sorted, did some online xmas shopping :$ will have an early lunch at 12 and buckle down!

ok today has been a complete disaster, I now have a raging headache, my dog is ill and needs to go to the vets. I've done some admin for another project, but going to give up and hope tomorrow is a better day!

J

I've not had the most successful day either, but I am getting on with my chapter and finally egtting to grips with what I want to say, which is a plus!

Will do more tommorrw. Home time now methinks.

Hope you're dog is ok Sneaks!!

sounds very productive jimkin - you put me to shame! SHe has kennel cough :-( so off to the vet so they can charge me £60 and tell me to give her benylin which is what everyone on the internet suggests.

Right. I have wasted this week so far so today will be the day when I get stuff done.

I want to have done all the template analysis by today! Cue coffee and music on!

I also need to go to the vets to pick up pills for dog but don't want this ruining my productivity!

J

Today I am going to get further into this chapter which seems to be taking a lifetime to write. I will also book my flights and accommodation for the conference I'm presenting at in Jan (now that I've registered there's no turning back really).

I'm hungry though... it's too early for elevenses, so I'm going for 10:15'ses.

Sneaks, I have faith in you getting your template analysis done!

ha, I've done 1 and a half so far. having lily allen album on in the background seems to get me doing it - have no idea why. I have also the comfy chair today so not writhing around in agony all day. I have a conference in Jan - I am organising one, but should go to the follow on one, just can't decide. I'm not presenting this year, but should do next year, so I'm thinking I should go just to look at how many people turn up to the presentations so I have a mental image I can use for next year to calm the nerves. problem is its about £500 and thats a lot of money!

J

yesterday i managed to read only 2 chapters. today i have to hand in, so i need to proofread the other 3, but i have to finish some footnotes. therefore i'll prioritise the footnotes because i have read this work before and thought it was ok.. :-(.

I will do that as follows:

11.45am -12.45pm - complete footnotes in Ch.5
12.45pm - 1.45pm - correct numbering in Ch. 3 and that section in Ch.4
1.45pm - 2pm - copy and paste Ch. 6 onto thesis and email supervisor.

2pm - freedom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!8-) although I'll be working on other things, they're not as STRESSFUL as this PhD. am taking two weeks off writing up. i'll only do some reading.. other non-phd stuff and possibly mindmapping for the remaining 2 chapters when i feel so guilty. lol. am so happy.. but not yet. have to make it happen now.

J

Today is, so far, not going to plan.

I am yet to book my conference stuff... it's taking ages for uni to cost everything with their travel agents and then they want me to pick from a range of options, etc, etc. It'd be far easier for me to just book it myself.

I have written only one sentence in my chater so far today. As such, I'm going to focus on getting that up to one paragraph and then consider going home and sleeping a bit.

done 2 thematic analyses out of 20 :-(
been to vets to pick up tablets, got sidetracked by staples for chairs and Asda for cheese and choc. Back now for lunch with said cheese and choc, and will have a very productive afternoon I'm sure!

J

freedom!!!!! i've submitted anyway.. because of overwhelming neck pain. i didn't finish the footnotes, but i told myself it was decent enough to go.

have a productive day Sneaks and everyone else..

well done JoJo! now rest the neck!

I have still done NOTHING. I have eaten a lot though. Going to stick on lily allen again and see if her cockeneee accent will allow me to get on with the analysis. I think I am finding it so hard to work because I have lost my glasses and waiting for ones to arrive, so hopefully productivity will pick up when I have them

J

oh no... i can't work without glasses! maybe you should take it easy and renew your energy levels before the glasses come. am doing some neck exercises while watching tv and typing. lol. talk about multitasking..

all the best Sneaks!

J

thanks for the compliment. :-) am to enjoy my free time now.

J

I have successfully turned my one sentence into several paragraphs. Hurrah for me!!

Well done JoJo... enjoy your break!