Sneaks' accountability thread

I'm supposed to have a really big meeting with all my sups today. Its took ages to get a date where everyone is free, and I have to go and ruin it all by being ill! I'm hoping they go ahead without me and have the meeting.

I've got a horrible head cold and feel really nauseous whenever I move - but feel really guilty for not going! :-(

Haven't posted on this thread for aages. Still not really feeling too good, but the meeting was re-arranged for friday, so I have to re-write the paper for then. Having spent all day yesterday staring atthe computer screen I need to get work done today. I also have an analysis session booked in with someone on tuesday, so need to get a load of analysis done for then so they can reliability code it for me. so today...

- read jarticle that I was told to copy the format of.
- re-read my findings section
- re-write findings section in similar format of article
- try to do 2 pieces of analysis for next tues
- decide whether to go out and buy new moon on blu ray - might use this as a reward

A

Buy it sneaks, buy it! but only as a reward! good luck for your rewrites, i hate having to do all that stuff...today i'm finally deciding on a mehtod for my PCR work, hopefully i can pin down the woman im working with and discuss it with her and them get started on ordering whatever i need and getting set up for it. Then tonight it's off to the school formal dance thingy, so I have to get everything done by 4ish time! :-)

I've done 6 tomatoes today, and counting which is an all time record (I know its pathetic but good for me!)

urgh I could cry, after re-working my paper for the 111111th time I've just got an email saying to re-work it back again. I'm getting seriously tired with this!

T

Buy New Moon and cheer yourself up with it sneaks :-) you deserve a bit of joy to get you through these revisions.

Well I bought it, but not watched it yet. I need to get these revisions done today - well the revisions of what I did yesterday :-s

Waiting for plumber to arrive to check boiler, and then will get on with the results section - this is my nightmare at the mo so if I can just get it done so sup agrees its fine, then I can finally leave it alone and go on to looking at the intro and discussion revisions tomorrow.

Well yesteday was completely blown out. The plumber came round and we had a nice chat about how he did an intensive course to become a plumber and he only ever commutes 15 mins max - and said my hubby should do an intensive course like he wants to to become electrician. ALthough now I'm thinking I should do it! he also fixed the boiler and the shower without charge :-)

And then I watched new moon :-x and then I watched all the extras on the blu ray :$ and then it was 6pm!

But just as I was thinking, in utter dispair that i had wasted the day and have no time before the meeting on friday to get the work done, I got an email cancelling the meeting! i think it will now be on Monday. :-)

T

Hooray for non-charging plumbers and cancelled meetings! I totally wasted yesterday as well so trying to crack the whip at myself today.

even better. My Sup has turned down the meeting on monday, so it will now be after easter, which gives me a little time to get going with the work and get it out there.

Today I want to get these stupid findings DONE, going to track down a few 'non-provocative' quotes and neaten the whole thing up - and make it more bland to keep the company happy. Then I'm hoping it will be the last time I touch the stupid findings. Then will move onto re-doing intro tomorrow and then discussion and then maybe, just maybe it will go into a journal for review.

Good luck teek - I'm starting the day with an eveil caffeine loaded latte.

M

Good luck Sneaks. I'm also redrafting and rewriting a lot at the moment. It can be so frustrating, especially when one's sup isn't exactly sure about things. Too many distractions not helping either. Guess just have to keep nose to the grindstone.

right having faffed all day, I am armed with a coffee, my glasses and mytomatoes I WILL do some work before half 5 if it kills me.

Well there's nothing like an email from your sup saying "can you send me all the work you've been doing cos I'm at uni with the printer" to make you quake in your boots!

M

Oh dear. I hate those. Hope she was pleased!