Things we miss...

S

Or perhaps it should be:

"He's the greatest. He's fantastic. Wherever there is danger he'll be there..."

P

LOL !

"nobody calling on the phooooooooneeeee.... 'cept for the pope maybe in Roooooooooome"

That has to be some of the lamest song lyric writing ever ever. Mmm well maybe Des'ire I'd rather have a bit of toast than see a ghost, or whatever.

Pointless song lyric factoid for today. I have been informed Prince did a cover of "what if God was one of us". Thankfully I have never heard it & I hope I never will.

K

Bizarrely, school dinner spam fritters. Even stranger cos I'm veggie now.

S

Spam fritters? Blimey, school dinners have evolved!

Here's another one, the TV comedy "Bread".

I once went to the Plain English Campaign Awards in London where the special guests were several members of the cast.

Oh yes and that little ginger haired guy that covered for Phillip Schofield in the broom cupboard was there too. Simon somethingorother. He wouldn't give any of us kids his autograph, the meany!

P

Spam- yuck. I have to admit, I do like corned beef. From the deli-not the tin.

S

Back to chewy bars. We all remember Wham bars, but does anyone remember its lime flavoured cousin the Gorgo or the orange flavoured cousin Mumbo Gumbo?

H

kc snap!

I'm veggie now too but I remember really like spam at school dinners.....how bizzare.

Oh and home-made sheperds pie with a pie crust rather than mash.

I still dream about KFC though.....

G

Interesting posters [on here].

S

Do I detect a note of sarcasm there Golfpro?

G

Maybe it would have been better to say the forum could benefit from an 'off-topic' area. Mod's may like to contemplete this.

S

Fine, but some would argue that going off-topic was an essential part of PhD life!

H

I thought thats what Phd Life was for.

The others are always used for more serious topics.