Unproductive day!

C

Quote From catalinbond:

i rolled into uni at 1.30, photocopied something. Checked my email, made one phonecall and sat listening to 7 undergraduates givin presentations on boring topics nothing to do with my PhD. I'd say that it's been pretty unproductive (though the phonecall was quite important...but seeing at it lasted about 2 mins, that is 2 mins of work on my PhD today!)

Oh and not even thinking about christmas shopping til the 20th.

Bit pathetic really?

W

Cleverclogs, are you bored? Why not watch an X-Factor re-run on ITV2 or I'm a Celebrity on ITV catchup? You know, there are plenty of other sites on the internet (it's really big) where you can get off on trolling. Little wonder you hate ladies of the night since you have no use for them - it's apparent what your first love is. Jog on.

K

I actually think guys, we've got our own forum troll! How fun!

C

Quote From walminskipeasucker:

Cleverclogs, are you bored? Why not watch an X-Factor re-run on ITV2 or I'm a Celebrity on ITV catchup? You know, there are plenty of other sites on the internet (it's really big) where you can get off on trolling. Little wonder you hate ladies of the night since you have no use for them - it's apparent what your first love is. Jog on.

I don't watch tv and you're right, I don't have any use for 'ladies of the night'. Are you bored? I wrote a story about you dear pea sucker...

K

I love you Clever Clogs. Will you be my friend?

C

Quote From Keep_Calm:

I actually think guys, we've got our own forum troll! How fun!

What do you mean troll? I'm just being honest. Coming in at 1:30pm and saying the only meaningful thing achieved all day is a 2 minute phonecall IS pathetic. Don't you think?

If my supervisor caught me coming in to work at even 9:05am he would stretch out his arm emphatically, look at his watch, then look at me with an expression of disgust.

W

Yeah it were dead good. Big tick and gold star to that man. Anyway, I've heard that if you don't feed a troll they go away. I've got so much crap to do and life's too short to be arsing about with little, petty people like you. Have an nice, erm, life annoying people. ;-)

C

Quote From Keep_Calm:

I love you Clever Clogs. Will you be my friend?

Yes I love you too. What a joy this forum has become, we're like one big happy family.

C

I've got so much crap to do and life's too short to be arsing about with little, petty people like you. Have an nice, erm, life annoying people. ;-)

Yeah I bet -- with your encyclopaedic knowledge of the tv schedule I'm surprised you have any spare time for this forum. :p

K

Hope I didn't offend you Walminksi. I thought a good way to deal with Clogs was to stop taking him seriously. I don't know though. I'll bow out.

W

Quote From Keep_Calm:

Hope I didn't offend you Walminksi. I thought a good way to deal with Clogs was to stop taking him seriously. I don't know though. I'll bow out.

No of course not. He doesn't seem like the kind of person who will have many friends, and I thought it was honourable of you to give him some attention and extend the hand of friendship. Clogs is a nice addition to the forum and I find him a life affirming creature. No matter how tough things get at my end, Clogs reminds me that there are people infinitely worse off. I think from now on, I'll read his posts and his reactions to other peoples' like a car crash in slow motion.

Cleverclogs, I thank you.(up)

C

Quote From Keep_Calm:

No of course not. He doesn't seem like the kind of person who will have many friends, and I thought it was honourable of you to give him some attention and extend the hand of friendship. Clogs is a nice addition to the forum and I find him a life affirming creature. No matter how tough things get at my end, Clogs reminds me that there are people infinitely worse off. I think from now on, I'll read his posts and his reactions to other peoples' like a car crash in slow motion.

Cleverclogs, I thank you.(up)

You must eat so many lemons.

Quote From cleverclogs:

If my supervisor caught me coming in to work at even 9:05am he would stretch out his arm emphatically, look at his watch, then look at me with an expression of disgust.

Does he not trust you to work independently and at your own pace then? As long as I get the work done my sup couldn't care when and where I did it!

I personally think 1 productive phone call in a day is very good - there are many people who work in offices up and down the country that only do one productive thing in a month!

A

ahh....why is it only a matter of time before someone comes along and hijacks a thread with utter small minded nonsense? I do believe the reason caitlinbond told us about her unproductive day, was because it was, in fact, unproductive, and we don't needs the likes of cleverclogs being a smartarse....anywhoo, I've been quite non-productive this week also, Friday morning found out my aunt dies so was at home until Monday doing funeral stuff, then joy of joys, I got a horrendous stomach bug Monday night and have been in bed ever since...well since I could tear myself away from the toilet that is....and the really pathetic thing is....i just feel guilty about not being able to get to the lab...sigh...

T

Poor you algaequeen, what a horrible run of events :(

Please don't feel bad about taking a few days off, I think even the darkest of supervisor's would absolve your absence from the lab at such a time (and all your colleagues would actively thank you for keeping them safe from the bug). Make the most of it and rets up, before you know it you'll be back in their working your little algae-self to the bone again!