Users of Mytomatoes/the Pomodoro technique...

R

======= Date Modified 24 Jul 2011 23:03:44 =======
I don't think there is a way of recording things on focus booster, I think it just tells you how many 'sessions' you've done. (Haven't really looked though) I also use Microsoft OneNote and have a section where I keep a log of what I've done alongside my to do lists and I'm going to start putting my session totals in there as well. It would be good if they could add something like that though.

N

I do that on my Google calendar - I put in how many tomatoes I do each day and use Google tasks - so that is something I guess.

S

Pixie, I'm glad to hear that you found Focus Booster useful. I have only been using it since Friday, but my weekend has been far more productive than it usually is! I have been putting off a particularly dull section of my Lit Review for almost a month, but using the pomodoro technique it was far easier to tackle.

Natassia, Focus Booster doesn't offer that functionality... but when looking at the website the developers are actively seeking requests for improvements. I have submitted a couple of requests as there are some features missing that I would find useful. Oh and I agree, being able to add a small description of the task (ala mytomatoes) would be great!

I also use browser filter add-ons; Leechblock for Firefox and Chrome Nanny for Chrome. Both work great for me.

F

Thank you everyone.

I am new to the forum and got my first tips about mytomatoe and focusbooster. Hope to use and increase my productivity. Missed this website all these years.

I have been writing (without progress) my dissertation in my 4th year... Just heard one of my supervisor resigned and will be moving to a different university. Not able to console myself. .....................

I left a well-paid permanent job for PhD. It has been a miserable experience as an international student and all alone. Waiting for this phase of life to be over.

S

Frnd4uall, I'm happy to hear that you found Focus Booster to be useful. It has become a big hit in our office; I have got everybody using it! I am sorry to hear that you are having a hard time during your 4th year, just keep thinking positive thoughts!!!

I am also a newbie to this forum, but enjoying the company so far :-)

My tomato count for today: 12!

M

Right, I will be using this thread today to keep me focused and MAKE ME WORK. I had a shocker of a day yesterday, got sod all done, and am feeling really guilty about it to boot even though it wasn't all my fault. Well, maybe it was, but then we all get days were it just doesn't want to fall into place. Don't we? (please say yes :$)

So, today is a new day and I will work and work and work and work until I can work no more. Target is a minimum of 10 tomatoes, which I know isn't really that much but I've got something on in the middle of the day which will steal some of my time. And if my little brain can cope with a bit of late night working then I'll aim to get waaaaaaayyyyy beyond 10 tomatoes (we could really do with a little tomato emoticon...).

There. I've said it. Off I trot to do some work now. Wish me luck!! 8-)

S

Don't worry, I did less than anyone. The test match day 5 was on and was very exciting, especially with a dodgy live stream of sky sports and the radio commentary. Plus of course various message boards to discuss the action.

Yeah, I did literally nothing. Lets see if I can do some tomatoes today instead then!

M

Great idea, I will join in too. :-) I've done two tomatoes so far, but I doubt I'll get many done as it's the school holidays ... Still, I'm hoping to work until lunch time or so, and maybe some more in the evening. :-)

B

Hi all,

I managed to get 12 tomatoes done yesterday. I've had a slow start this morning though, and expecting hubs to be home earlyish from work, so I'll aim for 8 for now! Good luck everyone!

N

Morning all - I got 9 tomatoes done yesterday, not as many as some of you but a respectable number I think! Aiming for the same today - I have to go to work from 3-8 but hopefully it will be quiet so I'll be able to get on with some work.

Well done everyone for yesterday! :-)

Hey all, sorry to lower the tone, but I did only 3 on Friday and none yesterday... I was ill/exhausted due to forgetting my medication on Saturday. I've also been worried about my friend who had her little girl three weeks early and has been in hospital for a week afterwards, with no visitors. I haven't seen or spoken to her yet, although I got a text yesterday saying she is at home resting. I slept most of yesterday....

But today I have done 2 tomatoes, all editing, plus some admin for work this morning. I lan to do at leat 2 more editing tomoatoes later today and a few reading ones.

Good luck all X

S

Quote From eska:

Hey all, sorry to lower the tone, but I did only 3 on Friday and none yesterday... I was ill/exhausted due to forgetting my medication on Saturday. I've also been worried about my friend who had her little girl three weeks early and has been in hospital for a week afterwards, with no visitors. I haven't seen or spoken to her yet, although I got a text yesterday saying she is at home resting. I slept most of yesterday....

But today I have done 2 tomatoes, all editing, plus some admin for work this morning. I lan to do at leat 2 more editing tomoatoes later today and a few reading ones.

Good luck all X

Do not despair! Everyone has bad days and you seem to have valid reasons. I did none yesterday because I watched cricket all day instead, I think that's far worse!

S

Brilliant idea to have a tomatoes accountability thread. I have just started writing and finding motivation and concentration difficult! I used tomatoes a while back but then lost it during data collection etc. I will start this again tomorrow and update how I get on! :) I used to aim for 10 a day too so will see how I get on with that!

S

I'm clocking out with another 12 tomatoes today, phew its been a long day! Good luck to all fellow tomatoers out there :-)

M

I've managed 8 tomatoes today - not a huge amount, but I've also made food, tidied up and sorted out the kids, so on the whole I'm pleased. :) Might do some more later on.