Warwick Unviversity MA Social Work

R

Well done! I felt the same way! Are you still in uni or have you had some time out working?

Can't wait to start now!

K

I finished uni in 2005 so been working since then. It seems so long to wait till October, although I'm definately not looking forward to having no money again. Just got to decide whether I should move there or not. Are you still at uni then?

K

congratulations!!
i graduated in 2005 too so getting back into a uni routine will be strange!

im just wishing away the months now so its oct!

R

Yes, I’m still at uni. Graduating soon! I'm going to be moving to Coventry in a few months.

I wasn’t expecting the tuition fees to be so expensive, or the bursary to be so low

K

I know I didn't think there would be such a difference between them. How did you two find out about them? I can't find any info on the Warwick website. Did you hear anything back about open days?

R

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/academicoffice/ourservices/funding/postgrad/fees/

This is the site that I have found on fees. Its information for the last year though. I still can't believe they are so expensive.

I have emailed about an open day, but have had no reply.

K

when you get your final confirmation all the tuition fees are on there which is how i knew!
They are really expensive! the difference between the bursary and the fees at birmingham were only £250!

K

I've just rang the postgraduate office about open days as i've had no reply to my email.
There is no open day for social work but there will be another general one, the date hasn't been confirmed yet though.
The lady also said they run campus tours on wed afternoons starting in May which we could book on, we will be able to book on these the middle of april.

K

Cool. So we should have a chance to look around before October then. Are you going to go to one of the campus tours then? I need to look round the halls to decide whether I want to move there or not.

K

yeah i think i will go, i will probably stay at home but i would like to have a look at the halls just in case i can afford to live in halls.
i really enjoyed living in the student village whilst an undergraduate!

L

Hi. I'm new to the forum, so just want to say hi firstly.
I applied for the Social Work masters in Feb to Chester. I sent my qualifications and references off mid march, as this was the soonest my academic one could be done. Apparantly the've had a number of app's and are setting up further interviews in May. I'm just really worried I won't even get an interview and if I do that I'll be totally un-convincing in it. I'm trying to prepare but I'm not even sure if I'll get offered that. They said they don't require any work experience but all I've done at the mo is start a job at a college for adults with learning difficulties. Do you think this is sufficient? Sorry about the babbling, I'm really stressing about it!

R

Hi, don’t worry about it too much. I’m sure you will hear back soon about an interview date.

My work experience is also with adults with learning difficulties and I was given a place so I’m sure it’s sufficient.

K

Hi all, I've just had some good news.

I was talking to vanessa chiltern the admissions sec about enrolment as im due to go on holiday and i didn't want to miss it and we started talking about fees.
We dont have to contribute the reamining money once the GSCC have made their contribution after all. She said its a common mistake follwing the letter thats sent out!!

As a note, we can enrol online two weeks before term starts and they will send us a pack out late aug early september telling us how to do it.

R

OMG I don’t believe it! I have been worrying so much about it! Where does the rest of the money come from? That is such good news!!!!!!

K

she said the uni pay it!!

i was so worried too, Im going to south africa for a month and was considering cancelling it cause i was so concerned about the cost.