Warwick Unviversity MA Social Work

K

I dont think i will need another loan if i get the maximum avaliable from the GSCC, im just thinking ahead if i dont get it.
Im working on the 30th but i will see if i can get the day off, im sure i'll be able to!

K

Have been able to get most of the 30th off!

The tour starts at 2 and lasts an hour and i will need to leave as soon as its finished to get back to Stratford to work the afternoon/evening. We could meet maybe an hour before the tour starts though?

K

Yeah that sounds good. May 30th it is then. Yeah really hoping I will get the complete amount from the GSCC.

K

Okay. we can arrange where and what time to meet nearer the day.

We can download the application packs on the 30th so hopefully the turn around time will be quite quick and we'll soon find out how much we can have!

R

Went to look around the campus, it was lovely! There are so many facilities. It even has a swimming pool on campus. It's made me more excited about starting now. Also had a look around the city, wasn’t half as bad as I was expecting :)

K

all sounds good!
The next few months will fly by!

K

Hi all, how is everyone?

Just to say the bursary applications are avaliable now to download from
http://www.ppa.org.uk/ppa/swb.htm

I've printed one off today, looks quick and simple!

K

Katie, have you booked onto the tour on the 30th of May?
Im just going to do it now

K

Yeah just booked a place now. So hopefully thats sorted. Thanks for reminding me about bursary forms, I had completely forgotten.

K

no worries

K

Sorry, that submitted before i'd finsihed typing!

I meant to say,
no worries, i had actually put it in my diary so i wouldn't forget. Im hoping we'll find out quite quickly so i'll be able to look at how much i will take home each month.

My employers have kindly agreed to keep me on so i can do some hours each work which will be a little extra.
The timetable on the website suggests Friday will be a day off so im hoping that i can work that day and do all my uni work throughout the rest of the week!

will you work at all?

R

I don’t think that I will work. It was advised on the interview days that I went to that its very difficult to do the masters and work. Depends on how committed you are I guess.

Have you seen the part on the bursary form where it says about CDLs. it says that it doesn’t matter if you apply for them? That’s strange

K

I am committed to the course but cant afford to not work.

That is strange about the CDL, i rang Barclays and they said i wasn't eligable. Maybe he misunderstood what the bursary was.

K

I don't think I will be able to work, just because I won't be able to stay on at my job part time. It would be helpful to have a bit of extra money though. Maybe you need to go into the bank to speak to them about the CDL. I really don't want to get one though, just because of having to pay it back after.

K

I've just rang barclays again and the person i rang this time said i can apply for it despite the bursary!

Im not sure if i will apply for it as the bursary gives a good amount.
Though if i did apply for the CDL, i wouldn't need to work!