What are you doing right now?

J

I thought it would be interesting if we all posted what we were doing right now. perhaps that would make me feel better about today's lack of progress... and am sure it would brighten someone else's day in one day or another.

so i'll go first:

am trying to get myself to work today, trying to cox myself with a reward after each paragraph i get through. my reward now is to come on and post one here. yay! one paragraph down!(up)

Hi Jojo, Congratulations on the paragraph and good luck with the next one! Right now I am taking some time out, curled up on the sofa covered in my furry throw and watching a documentary about race and intelligence (it's really about how bogus IQ tests are) which went out on Channel 4 a couple of weeks ago. I saw the director speak about it the other day, so wanted to know if my thoughts on his talk were justified. I'm also formulating my next culinary endeavour: chicken pie made with left over roast chiken and some puff pastry I bought this morning, and debating whether or not to brave the cold, rain and darkness to get to my belly dancing class tonight. So, not work, but still stuff I suppose. :-)

C

Hi, I've had a procrastination day today. Really I should be phoning potential participants to try and recruit them. Instead I'm faffing on the internet and trying to find a new housemate to move into our house.

so much to do, and such a big internet to procrastinate on! :p

J

i just got thro a paragraph and then pressed this option on Endnote and it disappeared. am soooooooooooooo mad! rewarding myself anyway and redoing it again. :-(

Ooooh nooo, can't click undo or something similar? Good luck.

C

Oh no. I hate things like that. Hopefully it'll be much quicker this time as what you wrote last time will still be in your head.
I keep spending a few hours working on something then when asked if I want to save hitting "no"... :-(

J

Thanks guys. i've got it back. tried undo and everything and it cut off more sections. i hate Endnote! i've gone back to old school citing. on a deserved five minute break now.

@cata.. that must feel horrible! especially when you've had one of those rare creative moments...

B

I chewing super sour skittles which my friend got me from Canada - I think they might have stripped the lining of my mouth they are that sour! Will get back to my work after Friends :-s

J

am contemplating going to get a drink down stairs..

S

I've been doing my RA work most of the day, then had parents evening for my youngest - now i'm just waiting for hubby to get home with dinner and I've been searching for more of my 'subjects' (long dead - no talking here lol) and waiting for my sup to get back to me re my paper outline - I think I must have refreshed the inbox a dozen times so far - quite why I don't know as I know now he won't get back to me til tomorrow at the earliest :-(

J

its interesting reading on how everyone is living right now. 8-)

just managed another copy and paste. can hardly follow my work because i've read it so many times over the last few years :-(. time to reward myself with that drink.. planning to paste a few more and i'll be done for the day. today is not the most productive day.

J

on another break.. feeling quite tired actually. but am happy with today. am working in a library and over the last few day's i've noticed that am the only one left here after a certain hour. if i'd worked this hard during my undergrad i'd have got a first! but then again i wouldn't have had a life.. and in hindsight.. am glad i had a life..

anyway... i need to push on for one more hour to finish today's target.

am hoping for a better day tomorrow.:-)

W

I am sat in front of a computer screen thinking about how much I really need to learn before I present a lecture in about...ohhh...errr...78 minutes. Coffee 1st and then maybe do a bit of reading for it. If I don't manage to learn any of it, I think I'll get them to do some group work and do the work for me.;-)

P

Thinking and obviously procrastinating. Have got to sort this draft paper, and just did some new analysis for it (co-author suggested that) and now I am not sure whether my overall approach is still correct or whether it was all WRONG.. argh. So what am I doing now? I am trying to stay calm...

P

Okay, an hour later, things don't look that bad now in terms of the paper.. just goes to show what a rollercoaster ride the PhD can be :-)