AHRC DOCTORAL FUNDING OPEN STUDENTSHIP COMP

H

Sorry about your news Mookie, Mcneilis, nothing here for me today - not sure whether that's a good or bad sign?

I know it's little consolation now but I'm sure everything will work out for you both.

M

Unsuccessful here to. THats what you get for using Evolutionary Psychology with history, the old school at the AHRC give you a Grade 2!!! Totally devistated and angry, every academic that looked over my proposal said how strong it was. I honestly don't knwo what I'm doing next.

Sorry about your news guys, I'm truly feeling you pain on this. Thats honestly the worst thing I've ever received in the post.

I

I am so sorry for all who don't get through. I haven't as yet had any news but am at work today so may expect an envelope when am home....Perhaps.
Truly feel for everybody who so far has not got through. Tiny, tiny, consolation, but at least we'll be put out of the misery of waiting.

I

Hi Hopeful 3
Just to let you know I definitely don't have any post today. That may well could be because we're in the same subject, I know in recent years they've been sent out according to subject and not necessarily all at once for all subjects.
The waiting goes on...
Surprisingly, I feel quite fed up of it now and not so much nervous, I would just like to get it over and done with regardless!

H

Thanks Imposter,

I'll let you know as soon as I get anything. I'm fairly fed up with it too, especially since it seems to be more of a lottery than anything else. Fingers crossed for us both.

I

Mine's a big fat 'No' too! AHRC was really a bit of a long shot, I have two more chances with an application to my own Uni (which I am hopeful for) and also to another Uni that has a funded place, so by hook or crook I do expect to be back on here by October! Fingers crossed!
Good luck to everybody who's still waiting, and good luck to Macboy, Mcneilis and Mookie in what you do next, things will work out, they have to!

P

Sorry to hear that Imposter - but good luck with your other apps. Also if it's any consolation, I started my first year self-funded and have now managed to secure ESRC funding so there are still opportunities down the track...

H

Yep, it's a no for me as well. Nevermind, I'll just carry on with Phd but be incredibly skint. Hoorah!

R

Hopeful 3 - bugger the AHRC! Do keep looking for funding, you never know something may come up. I have had some promising news since yesterday about my second application for funding and really do still hope to start in October. Will post on here either way when I find out!
You've done so well already, hang on in there and keep going!

R

Sorry hopeful 3, I'm logged on as the husband, this is Imposter!

H

Thanks Imposter,

I've already got a couple of lines of income sorted out for September - I'm just concerned about ending up in the debtors prison! Good luck with the irons you've got in the fire - let me know if you have any success!

G

Is anyone still waiting? I haven't heard anything yet.