Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

how to regain confidence after R&R

M

Any ideas, tips, etc. would be greatly appreciated. As you can imagine, my confidence is completely lost...

D

Examination of a PhD is down to subjective opinion. I'm being very sincere in saying this but I'll always maintain it's not a fair assessment of someone's academic ability. I'd have been completely livid had I got an R & R because my supervisors were ineffectual, in my opinion, but I don't think it would have made me question my academic ability. I think success and failure in a PhD is down to many factors and so don't take the R & R to heart. A PhD, as like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

O

If you lose confidence, things will just get all the more difficult for you. Focus on the aspects you are good at, and work on it. It will make you feel better about yourself and increase your confidence. Please shun away any negative thoughts that come in your mind. Do not let anything come in the way of you and your goal. Give sometime to yourself in the day to do what you enjoy the most, and be calm and relaxed.