Advice

I

I am a mature engineer. I wish to learn more about high temperature high pressure technology to see if it can be applied towards industrial production of housing elements.
I have studied several prospectus and contacted some universities without guidance.
I would appreciate any help in moving forward.
Thank you.

E

What would like to do? PhD? are you looking for a funded PhD?

I

No. I am interested in learning about this technology with or without any formal end certification in sufficient depth to ascertain if it lends itself to a possible application I have in mind for this.

E

There must be some Master courses on the topic. Also you have the online courses like coursera or MIT courses.

I

I have not found a suitable course at Coursera.
Will try MIT. Got no response from Stanford, which was mentioned in a news report I read in this connection.
Possibly University Admissions, understandably, are too busy with routine applications to give time to esoteric queries like mine.
It may would be more productive to get a name and email contact of a senior teacher familiar with the course content of what is being
taught in n engineering college who could then point me to another teacher. Failing that there is a British Universities fair on 30th October I am proposing to attend for facd to face discussionif nothing else emerges.

E

I think the best way is to google and you will find someone

I

Thank you. Advice appreciated.

P

In order to create something which nobody else has done in that field you may well need to go through formal academic literature on the subject rather than online courses or books. Google Scholar is your best bet followed by the use of sci-hub to get around the publisher paywalls.

I

Thank you. I will try that too.