Christmas tunes - love them or hate them?

P

What are peoples feelings about hearing Slade & Kirsty McColl & The Pogues every where you go for 6 weeks of the year? Any favourites or ones you absolutely can't stand?
And who do you think is going to be Christmas number 1?

F

I am in a bah humbug mood this year, and as I have no tv or radio I can escape hearing the same songs again and again! I have taken to listening to spoof versions of Christmas songs, certainly make everything better. My favourite tunes is Greg Lake's "I believe in father christmas", lyrics are good as is the music, the rest drive me mad after the 2nd playing! Christmas number one will be the winner of some reality music show or other, is X-Factor on this year (so glad I don't have tv)?

P

Personally I can't stand Christmas music & I hate the fact that places like Boots start the Xmas CD's in November , it must drive anyone who works in retail absolutely potty by mid December. I also can't stand West life who appear to bring out some god awful key change ballad with a choir or sleigh bells every year.
Having said that I do have a soft spot for the orginal Band Aid do they know it's Christmas & E17's Stay, but only coz they're Walthamstow boys.

S

No doubt the Christmas number one will be the X Factor winner. I despair.

S

..only to reappear on IACGMOOH.

F

sylvester, thats either one really nasty countdown conumdrum or yoo choked on your mince pie as you typed!

S

You haven't missed anything with this program. Besides, I'm a Bullseye fan anyway.

Smashing, great, super. Come and have a look what you would have won.........

S

BFH ... Bus Fare Home.

S

RTFQ - what I write on approximately half of my students' essays

D

As a cathedral chorister, I have to admit I hate cheesy Christmas stuff. It has to be proper choral music or nothing

S

Yep, went to the carol concert at the local church, which was very good. Enjoyed the hymns too, but really would have liked We Three Kings to have been on the programme.

D

We Three Kings is generally not sung til Epiphany - early January, well at least it shouldnt be but lots of places sing it before.

Got carol singing tonight

H

I love that Debenhams advert on the tv, with the sexy santa claus and the music going "santa baby, wont you come down the chimney toonnniiiiight!"

H

I've been listening to Mariah Carey's xmas album, bit old now but still, she has a fab voice :)

F

I'm so sick of christmas. Did anyone else see the ASDA christmas advert that started airing 1st week of October? That's got to be record. I nearly threw my TV out the window when I saw that. I work for a mail order company, and people have been phoning me since August for christmas decorations/gifts etc. Now, of course, it's 'whinging week' for all the people who've ordered presents to be delivered. I've been told "you've ruined my child's christmas" about 40 times today already, and it will continue until january. Oh Joy, I love christmas.