not just any old mumps, THE mumps!

S

Just looking for some sympathy - i know it's pathetic, but i am also very lonely :-(

I have the mumps! :$ Got sooooo much work to do: Report that's overdue, lab work, snails (yes, snails) to feed, other snails (yes, SNAILS!) coming out of hibernation. IT'S ALL COMPLETELY HOPELESS!

(up):-(

P

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww (((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))) I hope you feel better soon, and I also hope there's somebody/bodies looking after you? If not, (which is almost always the case with PhDers) I know it's a complete sad situation to have to drag yourself out of bed (answer frantic family calls on how you are) and make yourself some soup and it sucks... But some good tips are: 1)inform the people in charge that you are unable to do your tasks, give a recovery period 2) if family know of it, pl keep them informed rather than their bugging you with calls and getting worried if you don't respond! 3) make yourself some food for two days and 4) stay in bed.

Get well soon!

F

I had chicken pox earlier this year and put me back a bit so you have my sympathies. Can any of your friends not feed them for you, we have a guy who has crayfish and needed them fed when away at a conference so one of us had to do it!

J

Mumps or epidemic parotitis is a viral disease of the human species, caused by the mumps virus. Prior to the development of vaccination and the introduction of a vaccine, it was a common childhood disease worldwide, and is still a significant threat to health in the third world.

Get well soon guys!! :-(

P

Quote From jason34:

Mumps or epidemic parotitis is a viral disease of the human species, caused by the mumps virus. Prior to the development of vaccination and the introduction of a vaccine, it was a common childhood disease worldwide, and is still a significant threat to health in the third world.

Hi why are you suddenly posting wikipedia definitions?... Just interested..

R

Quote From phdbug:

Quote From jason34:

Hi why are you suddenly posting wikipedia definitions?... Just interested..

He has done that on two other threads too? Why???

R

Maybe it's just a way of joining in a 'conversation' with people you don't know, though it would be a bit odd in a face to face situation.

Sim, I hope the mumps are improving and someone looked after your snails!

S

Thanks all for the replies and advice, it cheered me up.  And, erm, thanks Jason, that was helpful.

I'm back at work and feeling much better now.   :-)