Overview of jason34

Recent Posts

Did anyone import a used car from EU?

======= Date Modified 08 May 2009 15:07:10 =======
============= Edited by a Moderator =============
======= Date Modified 08 May 2009 08:13:31 =======
Importing from within the EU

When you've settled on the car you want, if it's from within the European Union (EU), you've made life as easy as it gets with importing a car.

Follow these pointers for an easy life:

* You will have to register the car as quickly as possible once it arrives in the UK it must only have reasonable delivery mileage if it's new
* If you're buying new from a franchised dealer, they should be able to arrange transit number plates, which allow you to drive the car into the UK to get it registered
* Don't think you can then flout every speed camera in town; the police take a dim view of driving on transit plates even when you're waiting for the proper UK plate
* Importing a used car is also straightforward, though you should be aware that cars up to six months old can be classified as new
* As soon as your new car touches tyres in the UK, Customs and Excise will want their slice. You will need to complete form VAT 415 if the car is less than six months old or has travelled less than 3,750 miles (6,000km). If the car is over the mileage or age limits you'll need to put pen to form VAT 414. Simple, huh?
* For new cars, you will need to present a Type Approval certificate from the vehicle supplier or manufacturer. This is also known as a Certificate of Conformity, and shows the car is built to European standards of safety and use. All new cars sold within the EU should have this, so it is very unlikely to be a problem.

But you're not quite out of the woods yet - there's still a whole forest-worth of paperwork to get through. Follow these steps:

* Fill out a registration document (V55/4 for new cars, V55/5 for used ones)
* Stump up the cash for the registration fee and licence
* Provide a valid insurance certificate, foreign registration documents and all other papers relating to the car
* Sort out the relevant forms from Customs and Excise to prove you've paid any VAT due
* Get an MoT certificate for cars more than three years old or a Declaration of Newness from your local DVLA office
* And finally, documents confirming your name and address
* Make sure you keep every bit of correspondence and receipts relating to the car's purchase as it helps prove ownership
* You will also have to prove when you took ownership of the vehicle, which is usually the invoice from the seller.

Dress for Interview (Male)

Men's Interview Attire

* Suit (solid color - navy or dark grey)
* Long sleeve shirt (white or coordinated with the suit)
* Belt
* Tie
* Dark socks, conservative leather shoes
* Little or no jewelry
* Neat, professional hairstyle
* Limit the aftershave
* Neatly trimmed nails
* Portfolio or briefcase

Good luck for the interview!! ;-)

anxiety attacks

What is Anxiety?

Anxiety is a normal reaction to stress. It helps one deal with tense situations in the office, study harder for an exam, keep focused on an important speech. In general, it helps one cope. But when anxiety becomes an excessive, irrational dread of everyday situations, it has become a disabling anxiety disorder.

not just any old mumps, THE mumps!

Mumps or epidemic parotitis is a viral disease of the human species, caused by the mumps virus. Prior to the development of vaccination and the introduction of a vaccine, it was a common childhood disease worldwide, and is still a significant threat to health in the third world.

Get well soon guys!! :-(