All from UK?

L

are all of you guys here in the forum from UK?

T

Mostly, but even if you're not I'm sure we can still help.

L

thanks.. nice to hear that..

V

Do you mean whether we are in the UK or we are British:)? In any case- this is one of the most supportive bunch of people in whole PhD business in the world;)

R

Hi lighthousekeeper23,

I am from Holland, yet work in germany

Regards

N

I'm Spanish but my PhD is in the UK.

S

I lived in Switzerland until I started my PhD in England. (Although I am a British citizen, that unfortunately means I get no funding)

M

i am german but do my phd in holland.

L

Thanks guys! i guess it doesnt matter which side of the world you are... i think all or most of us share the same woes and triumphs anyway..cheers!

V

shani: I am not a British citizen but also dont get funding:))

H

I am from the UK but can't wait to look for a job (after I finish my Phd) abroad. I will take my parents with me as I will miss them too much. Oh and my husband, I guess.

L

I am from Italy!! but I'm doing a Ph.D. in UK

S

H, are you serious about taking your parents? Do they know that this is what you're planning - are they happy about it? These are genuine questions BTW, I'm not saying 'this is too shocking to be true' or anything - I'm just curious.

H

Well if the abroad happened to be the USA and my brother also moved there then they would consider it (if possible).

A

I'm currently based in the UK (third year), but trying to apply for a PostDoc in Australia... (Several actually, CV's flying everywhere).