Another little Endnote question

B

Hi all, just a quick question,

In cite while you write, how do I get Endnote to reference "Weiner in 2006" or "Weiner (2006)" as a citation? I've just been using "insert citation" for all the others, but I'm not sure about how to do this one!

Thank you :-)

do you mean having Weiner (2006) as opposed to (Weiner, 2006)?

The only way I know how to do it is to insert citation (weiner, 2006) and then remove author and then manually type it next to the bracket.

If there is a better way please someone let me know as this winds me up no end ;-)

C

I've always done it the same was as you Sneaks. Blooming annoying and means I usually end up with at least one incorrect reference in my reports. For the thesis think I may highlight where I need to go back and do that to make sure they all get changed at the end.

C

I remember reading the Endnote handy guide when i started and was keen ... handy it was about 150 pages !    from that wonderful experience i do same as Sneaks. Only i don't find it too much of a trial .. it was the ABC (1999, cited in DEF 2000) and those fiddly ones that wound me up.

I dread re-reading thesis and picking up on all those I've messed up.

Sorry to grab your thread Button but as an aside,  I've still got endnote X2.. is it worth upgrading? and how easy is it ?

thanks.. Chuff

I upgraded to X4 from X1 recently, but only because X1 wasn't compatible with Office 2010. Otherwise I don't really see a difference so there's probably no point. Not sure if X2 is compatible with it?

D

I've just had chance to sit down and watch some of the tutorials on endnote.com there is one specifically dealing with this http://www.endnote.com/training/tutorials/EndNoteX4/Menu-CWYW/Menu-CWYW.html

I can't advise as I've not done it myself so just skimmed over this topic for now but hope it helps

B

Thanks all!