DVD Box sets will see you through!

H

Since I started my PhD almost three years ago, I have found dvd box sets to be a great way to pass the duller moments of writer's block and general PhD boredom. So far I have watched Sex and the City; Ally McBeal; West Wing (da best!); Six Feet Under; and have just embarked on the very addictive "24"! What things have you guys found to help you see it through...?

G

Sopranos of course.

R

Star Trek - 5+ series to choose from

H

Sopranos...forgot about that show...will add to the list.

J

Hillyg I too am currently addicted to the 24 box sets! Every night when I get in we watch 24. We are onto season 2 now. What season are you up to? Luckily my bf's mate has all the box sets that are out.

I bought the seasons 1-6 box set of Oz. It is very nice to watch them again. Unfortunately I approached the end of season 5, I must invest into box set of another title soon.

H

Hi Jen, I am only on the second disc of season one, so should keep me busy for a while yet!!! Boxsets are really good if you feel like a break...can watch one episode, or two, or three, or more...depending on how bad things are...ha ha!

M

Friends, but usually after something hard that I have managed to do.

First I watched episodes randomly, now in order, they are fun both ways

J

Season one is really good, I got so addicted to it. Season 2 seems just as good and apparantly it gets better!

Columbo box sets are another weakness of mine but I save them for the weekend (my boyfriend thinks this is a very wrong thing to like). I also have a slight addiction to Most Haunted and spend loads of time watching it on DVD. I don't have sky so I have to wait for the DVDs.

H

Sailor moon series 1

P

I love Jack Bauer. When I finish my PhD I am going to become a CTU agent.

D

Band of Brothers box set is the best!

B

Ah 24 first series was good but second was quite poor so I havent watch anymore. I would definately suggest you watch scrubs first series. It is an absolute cracker. I have watch all three series and waiting for the release of the fourth.

S

Spaced
Peep Show
This Life
Inspector Morse

S

And Father Ted