Easter Weekend-Whats everyone up to?

S

Myself, I am going to be catching up on some reading and taking it easy. Am very broke so won't be doing anything exciting, but am going to chill and watch some dvd's too! :-)

S

I really don't feel like i deserve a break. Having said that, i'm going back home tomorrow for a couple of days to see friends and family, then back to uni on Saturday to do some work. Formula one is on this weekend so i'll probably end up watching that. Havent decided what i am going to do after that: i'll probably feel so guilty by the end of the weekend i'll end up working on Monday!

C

Writing my thesis!! Sob Sob!! Long for the day it will be finished.

S

Er, I'm off to San Francisco (currently in NW England) for a conference. Still haven't actually written the paper though...oops

C

I am broke until the AHRC pay me on April 1st, so no Easter Fun for me

Seriously though, I will probably just kick around, enjoy the quiet - maybe go for a walk...

S

You're lucky with 1st April, I don't get paid again till 30th May! Its sooooo wrong.

C

Yes, but the AHRC last paid me on Dec 15th - so it has been ages!!! I am living off lentils, pasta - and my all time favourite, air.

P

Working (sigh).

S

Working to make up for going to the US to visit family for 10 days from the 27th.

Eagerly awaiting my April 1st payment here too!

Y

I'm in the lab working all bank holiday weekend.

S

same as clowning81 - struggling to finish thesis

with the addition of a sore back from slouching over the computer for 6 months - Owwww!

O

Working on a conference paper and powerpoint, and some ancilliary stuff...having just been at a conference for most of the week. The conference I attended was a nice break from the daily routine--and I realised that there was even worse student accomodation than that of Bleak Towers-- being put up in Bleak Hovels..with a room about a third of the size of a Bleak Tower room, a shower that had the hair bands and hair clips of some previous inhabitant left behind ( ewww...it makes you wonder how well it was cleaned...)

O

and even dodgier heating than Bleak Towers!

I actually am the only person in the entire university, I am sure, and the quiet is nice. It will be productive. The whole notion of a long Easter holiday weekend is a very British one, well, at least, not American, so I don't have a feeling like I am working on a bank holiday/long weekend, because it just does not register in my head as a holiday--so I am not feeling deprived.

T

Finally going to face the big pile of job application forms on my desk...

Is anybody else the only one sitting in their department?

T

They've even locked the room with the coffee machine in it