feel like it's holidays already

C

Anyone else struggling to do any work this week. I have lots to do, plus marking but can't get motivated. Keep thinking I'll do it at home over christmas, but as if I'm gonna want to do that next week. Plus it's beautiful sunny day.

M

Tell me about it!! I feel like Im in shut down mode (like a power station beginning the process of switching down, with the power slowly being swtiched down) lol...Its really hard to work whilst listening to the radio because everyone is talking about chritmas and all the songs are very festive!!!

S

I have pretty much shut down which isn't good when I have my review at the end of jan and haven't completed the reading let alone the writing the paper! I just can't - I haven't got time - I have a home, 3 children etc etc and Christmas to prepare for - all this week as next week they will all be home and shopping will be a nightmare!!!! :-( I wish I felt festive

S

I had a chapter due about 10 days ago, but ended up with 50 essays on my desk to mark. Essays are done, but the chapter still needs work. I promised it before christmas, so it looks like it will literally be Christmas Eve - lucky supervisor! Thank god I bought presents early this year!

S

Pity me! I have a complete draft deadline to my supervisor tomorrow morning! Then i'll finish my Xmas shopping in the afternoon and down tools over the holidays.

T

I've been on shut down for the last month :-(

I need a break.. roll on Friday!!

A

I have a meeting in the afternoon on the 23rd about a ridiculous ongoing saga.

Annoyed doesn't even begin to explain it. I may well take mulled wine in with me. What do you think?

A

T

Yes mulled wine in a thermos.. Ican't see any problem with that!

M

I have a final chapter due in early January, so there will be no Xmas cheer for me. I'm also a week behind schedule due to other issues.

I have the TV on the background playing lots of Xmas themed TV.... quite depressing!

M

Quote From tricky:

Yes mulled wine in a thermos.. Ican't see any problem with that!

Nor can I!

S

The mulled wine (or any wine come to that) sounds wonderful - in one of those huge thermos mugs - nice - all our worries would fade away with each fragranced sip - yummmmmmmmmmmm

C

my inbox has gone crazy with the replies! making it even less likely I'll get any work done!

Mulled wine is a must for any meeting placed in christmas week. Thankfully I'm finishing on Friday (just got the pesky marking to do over christmas) They even tried to say marks were due back on the 24th but have thankfully seen sense and given us til January.(up)

P

I'm in the same boat as everybody else. I have been marking essays, yet have a really important piece of work to do for my review panel next year. If I don't do a good job I won't get through. But I can't not mark the essays, then I have to do some stuff for xmas, but I'm trying to do as much as possible in quick time. There will be no relaxing over the festive season, except perhaps time off for xmas dinner, but I'll be reading articles while others are watching Morecambe and Wise Xmas Special 1978, and The Snowman!

A

Yes I'm struggling. supposed to be doing viva prep. stayed in bed half the day with a terrible cough.

O

Olivia waves hello from over the pond! Some of us ARE now officially ON HOLIDAY!!!!!! well I will get some work done here, I have to, but not today, am in jammies, looking at the snow, and enjoying being HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!