I just passed my viva!!!

B

:-) Hi everyone!!
Throughout my PhD i've come onto the forum to get some inspiration (especially during writing up! ,-)). There's always loads of really encouraging messages and I just want to say keep going everyone you'll get there and best of luck!!!
BevCha
xx

B

Wooh! Well done :-x

B

Congratulations BevCha! :-)(up)

R

Well done BevCha,

so what kind of questions were you asked? Was it easy / difficult / as excepted ?

:-)

C

Spot on rick.

Come on BevCha you can't swoop in drop that fabulous news and run away ... we, well me if I'm honest , want stories - preferably detailed ones so we can learn from your success.

Well done. Chuff

Quote From rick:

so what kind of questions were you asked? Was it easy / difficult / as excepted ?

:-)

S

Well done!

W

WOOHOO! Congrads BevCha

B

Hi Guys!!
Thanks for all your replies!!

I did my PhD in theoretical chemistry in UK. My studies were the usual stories of ups and downs :-). Problems with resources, things just generally not working etc Hee hee!!
I prepared for my viva by revising as much of the basics about chemistry and the theory about computational chemistry as I could and I thought this proved to be really worth while because even though you may not specifically be asked basics it really does help you explain what you're trying to say in the exam. I wasn't asked the questions I thought I was going to be but there certainly wasn't anything unexpected or unrelated and 2.5hrs later I walked out with a pass!! Great feeling!!

all the best
BevCha
xxxxxxxxxx

D

Well done BevCha! What fab news and I bet you are riding cloud 9. I am writing up as a PT student and this certainly inspires me to keep going. This is exactly what I dream that I will be announcing next year, heres hoping!