Inevitable World Cup thread

What's everyone here doing about the World Cup? Avoiding it like the plague, desperate to see every game, or somewhere in the middle?

B

Avoiding it like the plague. I'm not a fan of football, and I don't live in England, so I've no great incentive to watch it. I'd like England to do well, but it's really not my thing, and I wouldn't watch it for anything. I'll be exploring all the other channels when football matches are on!

C

Being in Scotland, I barely noticed that the World Cup had started. When England play, everyone here will be rooting for the USA! As for me, I don't mind watching the World Cup as long as it doesn't clash with a Wimbledon game.

C

I'm mega excited!! 8-):-):-x(up)

J

I'm planning on sleeping until it's over. Failing that, I will do my usual see-how-many-people-want-to-beat-me-up-by-rooting-for-the-opposing-team thing.

B

Quote From cheekybint:

Being in Scotland, I barely noticed that the World Cup had started.

I wish! It's all over the TV and even plastered all over supermarkets etc. in my part of Scotland. Difficult to avoid.

C

I wish! It's all over the TV and even plastered all over supermarkets etc. in my part of Scotland. Difficult to avoid.

Haha! I suppose to some extent it is. I guess I compared it to when I'm down in England :) - every house, every pub, every car have the England flag plastered to their windows. I heard many Scots will be wearing their Scotland shirts to counter the English ones, but I haven't really spotted any down my end.

CBx

C

I'll watch bits of it, but won't rearrange my life in order to do so. Am looking forward to watching England play on the big screen at Glastonbury festival (looking forward to the festival more...) Prob watch England match on Saturday. We also have a sweepstake at work which has given me another team to support. Unfortunately it's Ghana!

J

Try to avoid it but husband and son are very excited (and my very "thoughtful" dad brought back one of those wretched vuvuzelas forma trip earlier this year). Might try to get on with PhD.

B

I'd like to see that real life Shrek, Rooney get beat down!! Bunch of ugly mugs chasing a ball!!:-)