My first week is over...

N

... and I haven't done anything other than compile a list of primary sources I need to examine (my project is basically a research of the content of these primary sources) and find out where I can find them and how can I access them.

How was everybody's week? Have you done at least some reading/experiments and not only browsing bibliographical repertoires and library catalogues?

M

Congratulations!

Be positive that you have done something and don't underestimate intangible achievements, i.e. finding your way around campus/library. I seem to remember my first week being a little bit about sorting out some books to read, and more about settling in, picking up my cheque, getting a computer set up and getting my library card etc.

It's swings and roundabouts - sometimes at the end of the week I feel I have accomplished a lot, sometimes I wish I could have done more.

C

My *counts* 3rd week was good thanks I did some experiments this week! Well - just to see if I can get things working. I think it worked... Managed to do it all by myself aswell, haha.

C

My third week too...and I have read 3 books cover to cover, and really enjoyed the one I read today. So some progress, I think. Although I know my sup' is expecting my to get through 4-5 a week...so I need to pick up a little.

Other than that have been having plenty of kitkats and tea...

C

Thanks...yeah, I had thought it was unsustainable but will 'cherry pick' in the future. I had just wanted to buff up my history of science knowledge for one of my supervisors... Looking back at my MA dissertation: I must have read about 3 of the 30 cover to cover!

Actually, I am very good at discarding cruddy dudd books. I esp. hate it when I am shelf surfing at work crusing for my next book, and you find something with a great title..and then you look at the collected chapters within a sigh with resignation and disgust. Such a let down.

Maybe that is jus me...

F

My 3rd week, and yet another report submitted, and another to finish! I have a field trip to Shropshire next week, joys! This weeks was more reading, researching & writing.