My Phd Blog

J

Hi guys,

I've found this forum really useful in the past and have subsequently decided to start an online blog to share my PhD experiences with others. In case you were interested the url is

www.thesecretlifeofaphdstudent.blogspot.com

Cheers x

J

Jola, i also feel very average most of the time. so i guess that makes two of us.

R

Maybe if you were going to tell everybody about it you should've called it "The Not-So Secret Life" instead...

Sorry I couldn't resist... I love blogs really, good luck with it

J

I love curleywurleys

S

Haha, i love what you have written in your blog so far, it feels like me all over! I look forward to the next installment

J

Thanks! Your feedback has spurred me on to keep going with it. Its nice to know that im not the only one sitting in a dark room rocking back and forth wondering how i got myself into this situation! xx

J

excellent Jola, made me laugh out loud in the library, distubing many people who have exams. Do I care? No, I am a PhD student, so that must make me better than everyone else here right?....hhhmmmm

Anyway, very funny, keep it up. Almost makes me want to keep a blog, but I am too lazy!

B

It's brilliant! (...although I fear I will be adding it to my long list of diversion tactics from this day hence)

R

It has been officially added to my list of 'diversionary tactics' - I subscribed to it in "Netvibes"! Excellent reading jola

K

Hi Jola, I just read your blog. It really put a smile on my face. I can completely identify with you. Keep it up! It's great to have a choice of procrastinating activities

J

Thanks guys- Its nice to know that im not the only one who scrapes by doing the bare minimum xx

P

Does anyone else here think that jola is writing a hoax blog? To be honest, I was immediately suspicious as soon as I saw the name.

S

no.

R

No. Have you read the blog? Sounds pretty realistic to me...

J

What!!! Thats so mean- why would i do a hoax bog? I dont understand the logic in that. I just havnt put my real name because i dont want my supervisors to know how lazy i am :)