Passed viva - wahoo!

B

Just back from the uni. My viva was at 2pm, and I was told at the start that I'd passed. So we then had a very nice chat for about an hour about my research. Then we discussed the corrections, which are very minor typographical ones, and I'm allowed a month to do them. I expect to do them very quickly. Then we discussed publication ideas.

So very very relieved. I started a full-time computer science PhD in 1994, and had to leave that after falling long-term ill with a progressive neurological illness. I never planned to start another PhD, but have now completed a part-time history PhD. Very very chuffed.

Thanks everyone for all your support.

K

Oh Bilbo this is fantastic news!

J

Congrats Bilbo!!! Or should I say Dr Bilbo!!

A

Congratulations Dr Bilbo! thats fantastic, well done! go out and celebrate and then relax and enjoy your success! :) AL x

W

CONGRATULATIONS, Bilbobaggins - that's drawn a smile to my face, as I try and write up my research. Secretly, I knew you'd pass though. As a fully-fledged doc, I sincerely hope that you continue to post on this forum. You've made some really valuable contributions and I hope you continue to make many more. Well done x:-)

D

Completely delighted for you - many and sincere congratulations.

(up):-)

B

Congratulations! You are the most inspirational member of the forum and I hope you continue to contribute.

Woo, congratulations!

K

Hey that's awesome news Bilbo, big congrats! Hope you spend a long time celebrating! Best, KB

Fantastic new Bilbo!! Hearty congratulations on such a major achievement (up)

M

Brilliant news! Many congratulations! :-)

T

Fantastic! Well done Dr Bilbo, it couldn't be more deserved :)

B

Thanks everyone :-) I really appreciate all the kind messages.

I'm going to have a big celebratory nosh up next week, but have a bottle of fizzy (more Moet et Chandon) in the meantime. Oh and one humungous Galaxy Minstrels Easter Egg. Yum!

B

Congratulations Dr BilboBaggins, I remember seeing your posts when you were getting ready to hand in your thesis not so long ago. Well done and thanks for all your encouraging and inspiring posts.

T

Congratulations Dr Bilbo! I have been so inspired by your posts and have hung around on here to see your progess. I am delighted for you.
Enjoy the champagne!