PGF Chat room - Elevenses and High tea

S

Following on from another discussion, I mentioned how some PhD students around here get together at 11am and at 4pm for Elevenses and High Tea. Just thinking that when the PGF team get the chatroom up and running, we can do an online Elevenses and High Tea in the chatroom. What do people reckon?

P

That's funny--I just kind of suggested the same thing on my post without reading yours first! Sterling idea.

S

..yes. And also because I can come on here for 15 minutes in the morning (and afternoon) and not feel guilty for doing no work!

S

By the way, I'm uncultured. I confused High Tea with Afternoon Tea. High tea, in old English speak, is of course the early evening meal we know as tea/dinner. Please accept my sincere apologies for my lack of appreciation of these institutions!

I

it might make me more productive - 2 'fixes' would mean i wouldn't have to keep checking when my writing's not flowing so well. good plan sir.

S

Ta much Insomniac.

Guilt-free posting, it's the future!

F

I would be up for this too.

P

Oh, definitely count me in, spiffing idea!

T

We'd have to coordinate the timing - maybe make the PGF forum a bit later, so we can do our department coffee break then go on to the PGF forum coffee break - double the procrastination...

I

No no no! That's not going to help my self-discipline... (currently writing about 'policy' issues - needs must - can barely breathe with the boredom of it all. I keep trying to stay focused )

D

spiffing idea pimms and ice anyone......count dazed in will you old chap

C

Yum.

It's all about the Earl Grey tea and toasted teacakes here!

S

Proper tea leaves, a teapot, strainer, tea cups, no milk, and no sugar. Oh yes butter on the teacakes, not margarine!

C

Oh yes - def. real butter, and a high quality fruit conserve too! Mmmmmm strawberry jam............

P

Have we nothing better to do than discuss a virtual tea party
Now, for the afternoon, cucumber sandwiches anyone? Crusts removed, of course